• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Foot warmers!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CrystalMethod

Senior Band Wagon Jumper
It's the middle of winter here, so to keep ambient temps down in this room, I closed the heating vents to it, and keep the window cracked a little bit. Nice and cool in here, but my feet were always getting cold. Putting on an extra pair of socks is justa hassle and makes twice the laundry to do, so I found a better way to keep my toes nice and toasty warm. Most of us have an ac adapter or two plugged in for some peripheral connected to our systems. Speakers, printer, etc... Those ac adapters make great foot warmers! All it requires doing, is moving your power bar to a conviennient location near your feet, and presto! No cold toes! Just be sure you don't accidentally hit the power switch with your foot in the middle of a game... :rolleyes:

hehe, great idea! I have an AC input : DC output between my power bar, and my terayon cable modem, and that thig always keeps my toes nice and toasty! :D

-The Flaming Cow :mad:

You want a real nice footwarmer, you can't beat a UPS...

I have an APC 1400 powering this group of PCs, and it is on the floor under the desk... many a time I have found that it makes a great source of heat for the old toes... specially since I leave a window in here cracked almost all the time, and of course, the cold settles to the floor.

Wonder if we have hit on a new ad campaign for these companies?;)

Dave

i use to do the same thing! but now me and my cat have a understanding. i don't bother him or move around too much and he just lays on my toes....so warm

dru said:
You want a real nice footwarmer, you can't beat a UPS...

I have an APC 1400 powering this group of PCs, and it is on the floor under the desk... many a time I have found that it makes a great source of heat for the old toes... specially since I leave a window in here cracked almost all the time, and of course, the cold settles to the floor.

Wonder if we have hit on a new ad campaign for these companies?;)

Dave

Hey, I got an APC too, but doesn't get hot at all. I guess I'll just have to have cold toes. :(

Hi cyber mouse45

Mine doesn't get hot, just nice warm if you put your feet on it... and given the size of the 1400, is plenty of room for both feet.. of course, could get even warmer by simply trying to move the monster around abit... weighs enough to be a nice workout.

Dave

Last edited:
Back