• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help ASAP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Why, and how, won't it fit? An ATX PSU, as is the standard these days, is just that, a standard...

explain.

The PSU my friend sent me is a Sky Hawk.

It is too big for the case it seems.

What else do you need to know?

What do you mean by it doesnt fit? The size of the PSU is physicaly to large to fit inside the case or the mounting holes do not match up?

11-127-001-02.JPG

PSU is too wide.

Where the PSU goes, the right corner is kinda flat then goes up on a slant then goes into a straight line going up if that makes sense.

The PSU I have is just a flat square shape size

Thanks

Also could someone confirm I'm right & that this PSU isn't good for this case. I'd hate to buy another PSU if I don't have too.

So I'll be waiting for a list of PSU's that will actually fit this case :)

I read on the PSU link that it was AMD approved, so I went and checked the AMD website and it also says that it is approved for the 1600+. I really don't know what the problem is. Everything for the most part is standardized so they should fit no problem. I am assuming you have tried it every possibly way. I know some kinda go in backwards with respect to the label.

I don't want to force it or anything.

It seems there is a tiny little bar on the top of the case a few inches long that leaves me about an inch short of getting it in :(

Any suggestions

Are you talking about the way that the back of the case is cut to match the PSU?
Have you tried flipping the power supply over?

The pictures from the Newegg site may not be showing everything either.

I tried everything but I finally got it in.

Honestly the way the holes were mounted, the PSU could only go in one way.

I had to get it in there & I barely did. The problem for anyone who'll ever try this case is it will slide in easily until the top of the PSU meets this little bar & you have to jam it in to get it in.

Now I'm onto to putting the rest of it together.

WISH ME LUCK ALL :)

Nah that was easy except putting that damn heatsink on, my god that part is scary ;)

HBK216 said:
Nah that was easy except putting that damn heatsink on, my god that part is scary ;)

Woah! I just realized that I dusted out my heatsink and fan and put it back on without giving it a second thought. Don't worry; it's never fun to put the HSF on your CPU, but it gets *much* easier with repitition.
Glad your first shot at it went well. Keep us posted about what happens. We love success stories and we're here to help when something goes wrong.

Thanks IM :)

RIght now I'm having problems where nothing shows up on my screen when I boot up.

I played around with it while my friend was at a concert since up until then he was the one helping me build it online.

I'm going to take off anything extra I did & start from the point on with him again later today & hopefully it will be ok & I won't see the "FF" code anymore on my 8k7a :)

If you aren't getting a beep or anything showing up on the screen you probably don't have the RAM or CPU seated correctly, or(worst case), you cooked something. Hope not.

if you smell something burning and notice that your CPU core has black crud on it, you're probably done until you can find another CPU. Just thought I'd lighten your day. :D
Since you didn't mention anything about that though, I'll assume that you haven't killed anything yet. Go for the really obvious stuff first. A couple of times I've been trying to boot up my system for 10 minutes bofore I figure out that the PS isn't plugged in or turned on. Also make sure that the power and reset buttons are plugged into the correct pins, or that you're shorting the correct pins if you're using a screwdriver as a power button. If that doesn't work, then it'll have to get a little more inteteresting. You should see some sort of sign of life from your motherboard when you turn on the power supply (fans spin for a second or some LEDs light up).
Good luck and happy computing.

HBK216 said:
Thanks IM :)

RIght now I'm having problems where nothing shows up on my screen when I boot up.

I played around with it while my friend was at a concert since up until then he was the one helping me build it online.

I'm going to take off anything extra I did & start from the point on with him again later today & hopefully it will be ok & I won't see the "FF" code anymore on my 8k7a :)

Check your video card, monitor, monitor cord, make sure monitor is on, because, that "FF" code you're talking about, that's what you're SUPPOSED to see. I've got an epox board, too, and that code means everything went ok.

Back