• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

US shop sells Acer netbook and ships internationally?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silent Frog

Looking at buying an Acer netbook, any places in the US that will ship to Australia that sell Acer? The prices in the US are crazy good at the moment due to the Australian dollar.

Thanks.. I tried Amazon but they say they do not sell those items internationally due to warranty and price control issues.

The Model I'm looking at is a Acer One D255, $325. And yeah, $100 shipping would be a bit too much. I need an over seas holiday! haha.

Aus dollar is at 99cent US. D260 (as Australia doesn't get the newer D255) cheapest with the 6 cell battery is $450AUD. Cheapest US price with the 6 cell battery is $279USD. Shipping should cost around $30 from my past experiences buying the the US and with a value like that it will pass through customs no worries/fees.

I've bought a laptop from Sager before from the US. But there were a local bunch in Perth who shipped it in and forward it to me. So I'm not new to getting stuff like this from the states, I know the risks and all.

I have a cousin in Texas.. Going to try and convince them to help me out and buy it from Amazon, then post it on.

Back