• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this psu any good? help Hoot!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eh?

Ok well i posted this before but seeing one of the mods just deleted it instead of moving ill retype everything and start over, id understand if i do it all the time, but i don't anyway.
The psu is a TTGI TT-400SS 420 watt psu. I have done searches for this ps and i can find nothing on it these are the only specs i could find about it:
DC Output: +3.3V~26.0A, +5V~42.0A, +12V~18.0A. +5Vsb~2.0A, -5V~0.5A, -12V~0.8a).

in some forums that i found right here the 300 watt psu puts out the same as an enemrex. and the sales person thinks that this 420 should do about 260 watt...... remeber im asking this because i couldn't find anything on this psu on any website as far as specs go. I despretly need a new psu and this i $45 cheaper than an emerx and if this is one cans keep a constatn 5volt and 3.3 id rather have this one. I kinda wanted to order it tomarrow so any feedback is helpful.

I have seen these TTGI psu's. They seem to be of high quality, on visual inspection. It is hard to find info on them, however.

A local computer shop said that they are very good quality, when I asked. They kind of look like an Enermax clone.

Check this out, they only sell wholesale, but it might provide some background...
http://www.ttgitech.com/Home.htm

Funny, didn't know it, but they are in the Twin Cities...

i have heard these are supposed to be good, that what i was wondering but i don't know how to read the amp that are given in my first post. im really thinking about getting one seeing how they are only $45.....

*edit* yea i seen that but noone ever buts up the stupid specs as far as what the combined power is etc...

I was searching for specs for the past hour and stumbled upon this most wonderful list. This should be on every overclockers favorites list. It now is on mine.

http://www.pc-beratung.net/Download/Power.pdf

Given the spec on the TTGI TT-400SS that lists the combined power as 220W, I'd say it would be a good deal.

Hoot

I have that exact power supply. I bought afte my future power 400w went out (POS). I like this new one a lot. Seems to be pretty stable, I haven't had any problems with it, but I have only had it for a week or so. As of now I would recommend it. It has tons of molex connectors so that is never a problem. You even get spiffy gold plate fan grills.

Back