• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Razer Naga. Big let down

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

uberwoot

So i was in the market for a new mouse and the only game i play is World Of Warcraft so the Razer Naga was at the top of the list. I bought one and i have been using it for over a day now and i'll tell you a little about it.

Packing is very nice. Something like you would expect from a $70+ mouse. The packing protects the contents pretty good and lets you get a good look at the mouse. However it does not let you get a proper grip of it to see if it fits your hand well. But it goes fit my hand pretty well but i have big hands so those with smaller hands may find it bulky.

Build quality is very nice. I would prefer a non sleeved cable but i guess some people like the sleeved but not me. Finish is smooth and feels very nice and the plastic seems of high quality. Weight of the mouse is not to heavy but not to light its pretty much where you want a mouse to be.

Useing it in wow was pretty cool. i slapped on the tanning pads that stick on the side buttons and i would easily find and hit the button i wanted it. In-fact i wish it was like this normal. I went with the pads on the 1,3,5,7,9 and 11 keys. I found my self using death and decay on button 1, blood boil on button 5 and my deathgrip on button 7, These buttons is where my thumb would quickly hit them and it worked out nice for chain pulling mobs and doing quick runs. However the adhesive used on them sucks and they slide around very easy. I can understand they want the end-user to be able to remove them but the adhesive is not strong enough bottom line.

The naga is a good mouse on paper. I don't know if its there add or a problem with the mouse but it sucks and if your buying it for wow you will be let down.

I would do one random fine then q up for another only to find out that the mouse's buttons are all messed up. i remap and then my 1 button will not map. When i go to map it i click the 1 and it instantly maps it to 5. Reinstalled the addon and still had this issue. I checked all the settings and still will not work. I went into windows and it seemed that the mouse was working flawless so i upgraded the firmware on the mouse and fired up wow only to be grated by the same problem. I disabled all addons except the nagas and the problem stayed the same. Later that day i found my nagas side keys were now movement keys dispte me not changing any settings Its like there addon just does whatever it feels like.

I refereed to the manual as well as their online video and the problems remained. I have been playing wow since it was a beta so i know how to set stuff like this up and i have had my fair share of run ins with crappy add ons and this is another one to put on that list.

You may have one and it may work great for you thats awesome :clap: However mine has been nothing but problems and i would not put it in the same class with others made for gameing simply because in the middle of a raid i was unable to drop a death and decay due to the 1 key not binding. This may not seem like a problem but it is when you are a main tank in a 25 man end game content raid.

Will i trust another one of these? God no, Will i trust anything with the Razer brand? Prob not they have been knocked down pretty hard on my list of manufacturers now and i can think of many other company's who i see as more reliable. This mouse will be going back to Best Buy tomorrow and i will be picking up a G9 because i demand a quality mouse that functions.

This is just my dealing with the Razer Naga and Razer. Others may have had similar problems and thoughts or they may have had a flawless Naga that they love. I however got a mouse that does not function at 100% and from what i can see it the problem is wither they poor add on. Not a big deal if you dont play wow. Huge deal if you play wow and you are a key role in a raid such as a tank or healer.

well that sucks
if it works well for other people then there must be a problem with windows, or mouse drivers, or the mouse itself

coming from a pretty good raid healer (top 1-2 in guild when i used to play) theres really no need for a naga mouse when you can use custom binds with shift+keys with the same reaction time as my keybinds on my mx518

I was a fan of the MX Revolution for playing WoW. You could bind every button (including the extra mousewheel, in both directions as well as clicking it in) to something different.

Razers response.

[email protected]
to me

show details 2:22 AM (11 hours ago)

Hello,

Have you tried installing the add ons required for WoW?

Please visit our video tutorials on installing these add ons, you can find these at.
http://www.getimba.com/videos.html

And i said my gam was fully patched upto date, my firmware was upto date and my add on's were upto date. Looks like there support sucks just as much as there products.

So final verdict is. 1 lowest 10 highest

Build Quality: 9

Function : 3

Support : 3 "24 hours is a good response time but they sent a worthless response"

Ease of use : 1, Addon is buggy and pretty much worthless. Use something like grid with another mouse.

Value : 1 $75 for a basic mouse is just to much since they thing cant do what it was meant to do.

Overall : 4 It fits the hand nice, Has a nice weight and a nice build quality but that's all it has going for it. Toss in worthless support that for lack of better words sucks. This mouse is a huge miss.

If you want a new mouse and you wanna pay $75 walk past the Naga and grab the G9 instead. Its a much much better product and in about 45 min this Naga will be returned for one.

Back