• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell chat support

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SteveLord

The other day, I realized I didn't have XP discs for some Optiplex systems that came "downgraded" to XP from Vista. I only had the Vista discs. Within a few minutes of getting on Dell's chat system, I had confirmation that an XP disc was on the way. To make it better, I got it overnighted to me. In the past I needed a replacement memory stick, boom...same thing.

Today, I sit here in an HP chat and it takes about 5 minutes to get a response on anything from them. "Am I correct that you want to do this?" "Is this your serial number?" "Can I confirm the operating system on the machine is Windows 7 Professional?" Ugggg

And I've always had it slow with HP and faster with Dell.

However, my state is in bed with HP...so I can't buy Dells anymore. :bang head

UPDATE Chat done: Took 30 minutes just to get a link to their Security Tools software.

Note: Reason I prefer chat support is that I am not being transferred over and over and being tied up with the phone. Chat support lets me float freely about the office or take/make calls if needed.

Last edited:
I'm a fan of chat support from any vendor (usually) vs phone support. Mainly for the reason you stated, that you aren't tied down and can multi-task on other items.

:thup:

Nothing is funner than listening to hours of music , played through the terrible sound of the phone, while waiting for tech support to hang up on you after having waited for hours.

to give that up for a text chat support where the support actually has to type in english without an accent, is like defeating the whole purpose of sending it offshore. With 60c an hour employees that follow a script they were handed that starts with "have you turned off the computer" and ends with "reinstall" and has nothing in between :sly:

i just dont see how you can do it :rofl:

Back