• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Community bank blocks Newegg.com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

farvascw

Registered
Just a warning to anybody else who has First Community bank, I ordered a new hard drive for newegg the other day and was surprised to find out that the payment did not go through even though i had more then enough funds in my checking account. I check my checking account again and confirmed that i still had the same amount in my account so i tried to charge it again thinking maybe i put in the wrong card number or something like that, still would not go through. So i went down to the bank today explain my story they are also confused until she sees that newegg has been put on their black list of fraudulent sellers. I could only remove the blocking on my account to them till Tuesday and would have to either call or go in every time i wanted to order from newegg. Looks like I am going to switch to a different bank just wanted to put out a warning to others in case they has the same problem.

Newegg? Fraudulent?

Weird. I guess since it's a smaller bank, they tend to be more cautious ;-). That's a good thing in some ways, but sometimes inconvenient as what you're experiencing.

I once had a newegg charge also declined apparently related to the IP address I placed the order from because funding was available and even the shipping address was my own.. The only thing that differed was I placed the order while at a friends place. I was a bit disgruntled at first but then ended up purchasing a different item instead.

Back