• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI rma

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

johnm

I returned my msi 4890 with a rma to msi 3 weeks later I get this email.

We apologize for any inconvenience, but we are currently out of stock of suitable or comparable replacements for your unit. In this case we will need to provide you with a refund base on the market value of $170.00. Will you accept this refund?

YES I accept this refund?
Does this these mean I will get check in the mail.

In the past I always got a newer card when my card was out of stock.
Once I rma a 7900gt got back 7950 lost sli
Now I loose CF

I returned my msi 4890 with a rma to msi 3 weeks later I get this email.

We apologize for any inconvenience, but we are currently out of stock of suitable or comparable replacements for your unit. In this case we will need to provide you with a refund base on the market value of $170.00. Will you accept this refund?

YES I accept this refund?
Does this these mean I will get check in the mail.

In the past I always got a newer card when my card was out of stock.
Once I rma a 7900gt got back 7950 lost sli
Now I loose CF

Take the money and run I say. Street value of a 4890 is around $110.

The good 4890 is a HIS with decaps 965core 1050mem
xoke sorry about your cards and dice
I hate black tape
I always use masking tape first then I put the eletric over the masking so there is less mess.

The good 4890 is a HIS with decaps 965core 1050mem
xoke sorry about your cards and dice
I hate black tape
I always use masking tape first then I put the eletric over the masking so there is less mess.

Ahhh, wasn't the tape...I bent them too much while mounting them. :cry:

On one hand, $170 is more then a 4890 is currently worth.
On the other hand, if you bought that new you probably paid a lot more then that, I'd prefer to get a newer card in the same market segment, that's usually how it works.

Back