• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus sabertooth vs. EVGA SLI3 vs. mATX asus rampage gene

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WakiDabeast

Registered
Alright so i really like ASUS and my friend has a asus p6t and it works amazing for him like his 1600 corsair was i believe at like 1900 or something like that but anyway i was choosing wether to buy
EVGA 1366 sli3- $209
ASUS 1366 sabertooth- $180
ASUS 1366 rampage gene- $239
for an i7-950

or go
with the i7-870

ASUS maximus formula- $189

i do want future proof for im thinking two years
and im expecting to use two 6870 in the future
i want some pretty good oc nothiing over the top
good memory frequency
both i7s are priced 230 for me

I'd go for one of these personally:

ASUS P6TD Deluxe - $199.99 AMIR
ASUS P6X58D-E - $209.99
GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R - $209.99
EVGA X58 FTW3 - $224.99 AMIR

(going to be picking up the EVGA FTW3 myself).

Also getting an i7 950, but for $199 at microcenter.

Wait where do you purchase you motherboards cause i liked the ftw3 a lot and well it was 270 plus i cant do the others lol im doing a red theme ^^

oh and i did they lower the price fro 950 i didnt know cause i live near a microcenter

Is there something wrong with the X58 Sabertooth? I just need something inexpensive to go with my 960, and was considering that. I am never going to use SLI, so I do not see the need to go all out on a motherboard.

Is there something wrong with the X58 Sabertooth? I just need something inexpensive to go with my 960, and was considering that. I am never going to use SLI, so I do not see the need to go all out on a motherboard.

not particularly, any x58 mobo over $150ish will OC well enough. Personally, I simply dislike the poop green color scheme.

Back