• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Delayed Start After Pushing Power Button

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

=AG= Devilhorse

Ok if this has already been covered sorry to make another post but after some searching I did not see it.

I just did the first build I have done in a couple of years so I am sure some things have changed. Anyway here is my question. When I push the power button on the new build its like a couple of seconds before the thing powers on. I hit the switch and have reached for it again because I thought it did not make contact and at about that time it turns on. I am use to hitting the button and fans and stuff start spinning before I get my hand off of it. The system seems to run fine but I wanted to make sure I haven't done anything wrong.

Its in the same case I used for my last build the only thing I did different this time is I am running crossfire instead of a single card and I run dual power supplies so each card is run off a different power supply.

Here is the what I used.

2 SAPPHIRE Toxic 100315TXSR Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

1 OCZ Agility 2 OCZSSD2-2AGTE90G 2.5" 90GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

1 Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM

1 MSI Big Bang-XPower LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

1 COOLER MASTER Intel Core i7 compatible V8 RR-UV8-XBU1-GP 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler

1 CORSAIR XMS3 12GB (6 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model HX3X12G1600C9 G

1 Intel Core i7-950 Bloomfield 3.06GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor BX80601950

most of msi's mobos have a delayed start, check in bios under power management, the time are usually something like 1-2, 3-5 secs and so on, if i remember correctly i don't think you can turn it off?

Yes, you can. And if you are OC'ing they also come with start up counts for the number of times the rig will attempt to boot on those settings before reverting.

Ok thanks for the answers. I just wanted to make sure all was well. I haven't really went into the bios yet was kinda letting it have a little burn in time before I started really pushing it. I did push the oc button on the mobo just to see where it would go and it pushed it up to 3.2 from 3.06 but I am sure it will be time to start exploring soon.

No problem. The OC Genie Button on the MSI boards really seems to jump around with how much it boosts the CPU. Really a strange piece of kit.

Back