• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte problem help PLEASE! (RED, ORANGE, GREEN, GREEN)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GT240

I have a GA-P55-UD4P, that has all 4 LEDS on.

GREEN(1) GREEN(2) ORANGE(3) RED(4)

No video, no CPU fan, however other headers work fine.

No overclocking.

Cleared the CMOS.

PCP&C 750watt, Two sets of RAM. Trident PC3-17066, and PC3-12800 ripjaw, both dont work..

I've tried 9600GT's and 8600GTS's.

Heatsink gets warm, so I cant imagine the CPU being the problem.

Last edited:
Wow, nobody?

Did alot of work last night on it...

It would never really come out of the weird mode, with all the leds on.

I then would try to reset it, by clearing the BIOS, where then the BIOS would get corrupted.

Its very strange to say the least..

I then tried a different power supply and then it started to work again, but I think that was all coincidental.

I have it working but in single channel mode. I can't get dual to work at all. That's where it hangs and cycles power ever few seconds forever. Once I remove the one of the RAM sticks it boots fine, and when I put them back to back I get the full four gig, but in single channel mode...

Soon as I add the primary RAM stick, it dies...

Definitely puzzled. It would not be bad if its a CPU problem, but I'm not taking my gaming rig apart to test that theory out..

I thought the memory controller was on the CPU?

Keep in mind I did overclock the crap out of this chip (5.8Ghz) on Dice a few months ago.. However, it never showed any signs of trouble during the OCing session, and I clocked it down since....

Please let me know what you guys think it could be.

Last edited:
Back