• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will windows 7 64-bit automatic driver install work with my old ga-965p-ds3?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shwick

I'm going to intall windows 7 ultimate 64-bit soon and am wondering about the chipset and lan drivers for my gigabyte ga-965p-ds3 rev 3.3 motherboard.

On gigabyte's webpage neither chipset nor lan are listed under windows 7 drivers, but both are listed under vista 64 bit.

Will windows 7 automatically install the vista 64-bit drivers from the gigabyte webpage, or should I disable automatic driver install and manually install the drivers?

Win7 natively supports the P965 E chipset, and will install the chipset drivers automatically during Setup. If you decide to update the drivers, then get them directly from Intel instead of Gigabyte. You'll probably need to manually install the LAN drivers for the Marvell 88E8056 controller though, so make sure you have those available to install once at the desktop. You'll want to get the latest drivers directly from Marvell for the 88E8056 controller.

Back