• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Disappointed in Newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xenocide

*Edit* I obviously cannot spell Disappointed, oops :)

Have spent thousands with them in the past but haven't made an order in a while. Placed an almost $500 order on Black Friday and UPS seems to have sent two out of four packages back to Newegg as "wrong address". One made it here and one is still on the way.

I called newegg and they were unable to turn the packages back around and wanted to charge my card again and send them out. OK I find that acceptable. Then I asked for them to match the prices, that took a little arguing but I got that as well. But now it is charging me $20 something for shipping which they are unwilling to waive. I find this BS. It is not my fault the packages did not make it here and I should not have to pay for shipping if that was part of the original deal.

I don't really need to build this desktop and I am thinking about just sending this crap back, not very happy with them, may go elsewhere for my next purchase.

I work in sales for a supplier MUCH larger than newegg and we would have sent replacements Next-Day Air and not even charged the customer's card again. I do not think asking for the same deal as I had originally ordered is too far fetched...

Why dont you PM the newegg rep here and see if he can help you. THat doesnt sound right and I would bet he would resolve it.

Neweggs service quality is all over the map IME.

Not sure exactly how or why two packages did not make it to you unless:

1. Newegg or their associate vendors posted an improper address on your packages

2. UPS seasonal help screwed up

3. Who the heck knows?

All you can do is appeal to Newegg for a credit or refund on the shipping. If it's their mistake you certainly should not be charged. If it's UPS's fault then you might as well join the list of unhappy customers...

Slightly both my fault and UPS. I put a city down with the correct zip code. Technically it is another city but all of my mail and packages normally have no problem. Since the one city is so small sometimes I am instructed to just put the city I can step out my front door into and the rest of my proper address.

Does not explain why only one package has made it. I am not mad at newegg for the shipping snafu, it was not all their fault

i would think if the zipcode is right then you'd be ok. I know of some companies that put "baltimore" as their city even tho they are 10 or 15 miles outside the city limits. They like having the "big city" name since its more recognizable, and all their mail still gets to them since they put the correct zip.

Slightly both my fault and UPS. I put a city down with the correct zip code. Technically it is another city but all of my mail and packages normally have no problem. Since the one city is so small sometimes I am instructed to just put the city I can step out my front door into and the rest of my proper address.

Does not explain why only one package has made it. I am not mad at newegg for the shipping snafu, it was not all their fault

You put the wrong address, and UPS had limited success in finding you. Why again should newegg have to take a financial hit for that?

You put the wrong address, and UPS had limited success in finding you. Why again should newegg have to take a financial hit for that?

That's what I read too. I just moved and made the same mistake, I called UPS, and they fixed it for me very quickly. 1 call to their 1-800 number, and then someone from their local office called me. Less than 10 minutes I would say. An annoyance yes, but pretty easy and quick solution.

Usually zip code is correct and you will be fine. That's how it works here in the bay area, then again there are different zip codes every 5 miles since it's so populated. My city alone has like 7-8 zip codes.

Makes no sense two packages came and not the other two. I have always used this address, not really my fault...

Dear Xenocide,

Sorry to hear about this situation. I'll be more than happy to review your order details and see what we can do. Please PM me with your sales order number at your earliest convenience.

Thanks,

Newegg.com

E-mail and PM's are part of conducting business now days. There's this new invention called the Internet that is changing the way people purchase, e-mail, converse... ;)

Called, e-mailed and PM'd. Both e-mail and call support were not willing to work with me over this issue. Not worth my time to pursue any more. I will not be shopping with them in the future if I can avoid it. I will vote with my wallet.

Placed an almost $500 order on Black Friday and UPS seems to have sent two out of four packages back to Newegg as "wrong address". One made it here and one is still on the way.

I called newegg and they were unable to turn the packages back around and wanted to charge my card again and send them out.

I am still very confused. You placed your order with newegg. UPS screwed up the shipping so you called newegg and told THEM to fix it? Then you say it is your fault, and UPSs fault, and that you aren't mad at newegg. This is an issue that you have with UPS, the reps at newegg are probably just as confused as to why you are on the phone with them and not UPS.

Called, e-mailed and PM'd. Both e-mail and call support were not willing to work with me over this issue. Not worth my time to pursue any more. I will not be shopping with them in the future if I can avoid it. I will vote with my wallet.

Is "work with me" just another way of saying "give me money or stuff for free even though this whole thing is my fault for entering my own address wrong?"

Seems like it to me, and really, newegg doesn't owe you a thing.

To be fair, there are instances where Fed Ex cannot find my place of work, at least Fed Ex residential delivery. However, when we receive freight deliveries and business deliveries from Fed Ex, they get here just fine.

It's a matter of how they receive the data. Sometimes they see us living in City A, but everyone else sees us living in City B. This rarely happens now, but it was a pain in the neck before.

Other than that, I don't see why you still see newegg as the bad guy here when it was clearly the fault of the buyer....

Back