• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bios post codes, NOT BEEP CODES

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chaiyz

Hey there, I have a couple PCI post cards, the type that will display post codes for several different boards.

Problem is, I rarely use them anymore as It's pretty easy to spot a dead MB these days and it's rare for me to have a Giigabyte P35DS3L board that won't post and that isn't dead.

Well, yesterday a friend that I built a P35DS3L(gigabyte),Q6600,4GB OCZ SLI ram brought his computer to me and it doesn't boot or post. I slapped a post card and it does post, just freezes at code 01.
Now, usually I'll just pull all the PCI cards, ram, video card, etc and troubleshoot what the errant offender is. But, this is all in an alienware aurora case and it was a pain in the butt to get it all fitted and finished.

Since, I've never had a code book for a gigabyte board, I was hoping someone could point me to those elusive post codes.

BTW, I know it's probably just the ram. lol

Chaiyz

Back