• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

USB 3.0 Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Papajo

Registered
Hi,
My motherboard is the Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3, I use a Seagate Go-Flex USB 3.0 external drive for backups, benchmarks were always 125mbs read/write, I configured my PC into a Raid 0 setup using 2 X-25 Intel SSD drives, all went well and runs fast.
Now the Seagate benchmarks are down to 35mbs read/write, I reinstalled all motherboard drivers with no luck, could the raid controller be interfering with the NEC USB controller??
Thanks for any help, Joe

I had this same issue on my, different, motherboard. I didnt get a resolution. Sorry. BUMP a fresh post for some answers!

But first, are you sure its... 1. In the blue USB slot. 2. USB3 is enabled in the bios. 3. Tried another USB3 cord.

Does it give you the message when you plug your unit in that 'this device can perform faster if its plugged in to a USB3 port'?

I tried both USB 3.0 ports and yes I get the notice in the tray, I only have 1 version 3.0 cable so I can't try that option, all shows up in the Computer folder and backups work as usual, just a little slower. Thanks Joe

Solved

Ok I remembered that I make changes in the service menu so I went back over them and reset the changes, that fixed it. Regards Joe

human interface device access

I reset it back to "automatic"

Back