• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where do you sell old mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Just a nickname

Hey,
I'd like to upgrade in a near future to a crossfire mobo, I am wondering where you sell your old stuff? Ebay?

Also, how much do you think a p7p55d-e may worth?
I'm not expecting much...

I've done Ebay before more to help someone out than get much $$$. It's a pity to see good used hardware go to waste IMO.

Classifieds on various computer forums, like our own, or eBay.

In computer forums' classifieds, someone should grab it up when it's around what it's worth used. On eBay however, with more of a general consumer crowd, you may get more than you're expecting. For example, I sold an E6700 on eBay for $150 when I was expecting ~$75 and the E8400's were selling for ~$100. So I made $50 on my upgrade to an E8400.

Last edited:
I searched ebay for the buy it now price and a few of them are selling for $20.00 more than newegg is selling it new! But like MattNo5ss mentioned, that's pretty much what to expect here on the forums, or for any forum for that matter.

In forum's Guidelines & Rules, at the bottom the requirements for classifieds access are listed:

Classifieds/Trading

We have one of the safest classifieds sections on the web, due to some very strict rules regarding entry and trading:

1. 100 Quality posts are required before you can use the classifieds. The classifieds are there as a section for our members, not just for anyone passing by. Post-padding will result in a permanent ban from the classifieds.
  2. You need to use an ISP/Military/Education email address to use the classifieds. This helps keep potential trolls out. No excuses - no ISP email, no entry.
  3. Obey the classifieds rules (listed in all classifieds sections). Deadbeat dibbing, auction-style threads, thread-crapping and deleting sale information will earn you a ban.

I see, I haven't registered on an official e-mail... If I change that, how can I access the forum then?

After you change your email to an accepted type, just PM a mod and he'll get you going.

Back