• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Las Vegas OCF CES meetup date, dinner

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Conumdrum

Las Vegas OCF CES meetup, Final update

My phone number 702-768-2121

Table will be under OCF name

Okay, I'm thinking of a dinner meetup at a popular strip restaurant for 7 Jan at 6 PM.

Reservations made, 8-12 people........

The Peppermill. Good food, not too expensive, nice place.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-peppermill-restaurant-and-fireside-lounge-las-vegas

The Trolley on the strip is a cheap way to get around.
http://www.lasvegas-how-to.com/trolley.php

I got

IMOG
arhunter
gofaster87
Me Wife dropped out, no other wives etc there.
Petra

5 so far......... Meet someone at CES you wanna bring along? Sur, we got room.

Last edited:
I can confirm its just me and mdcomp in my party. Not including paparrazi, which are difficult for me to predict.

Check, two..... Thanks. I know the place will be filling up with CES meetings somewhat, so wanted a early move.

We are at 4.. Big massive party, come on, fill it up folks.

IMOG, still wanna info, connects to the T shirt guy.

You have email in your forum registered account from my spam account with tshirt guy's information. He's the guy who did the benching meetup shirts. Need a new design, other than the benching party shirts being event specific, they also have the state of Texas figured in. :)

I'm still in, though filling up my calendar now. Mdcomp is probably out, though we are trying to nail down details to see if we can get any manufacturer support to pay to get him and Splat out to Vegas.

You can probably count me in. Living in Vegas makes it easy. Depending on my workload that day it shouldn't be a problem.

Possible for us to bump this up to 6PM? I have an event from 8PM to Midnight. I don't have to be there immediately at 8PM, but I don't want to be very late either... New relationship with these people, and don't want to appear rude.

need to get final times and dates and locations.. i really need to get some solid plans presented to my parents!

just let us know Matt :thup:

cold.nut (how many family?)
i'll bring my dad along. he seems to get the idea of freezing computers and stuff :rofl:

Anytime is fine for me. If we have it at 7 I can only stay for an hour, if we have it at 6 I can hang for a bit longer. Conumdrum is organizing, so if 6 works for him that would be my preference. :)

Okay, IMOG. You got the reply from me at XS. Your good for a ride to XS party and to Peppermill if your at the hotel at 5:30ish, right on my way. We'll do comm channels later. Better than saying text me goob!

IMOG, we'll do 6PM then, sounds good.

I'm going to make reservations for 12.

I sent out PMs to try and get a solid head count. Don't want to reserve for 12 when only 5 show up.

Everyone read the firast post, some changes too.

cold.nut, we still can do golf, but need to plan. Cost etc. Look up Angel Park, two courses.

Ill be going solo, no strippers this time. Whats this I hear about XS party? If you guys haven't been youll like it. Too many hot women.

Last edited:
I will not be attending CES. I was very interested but I can't do it. On a side note, I do have a couple friends going, they will be on the look out for you guys.

cold.nut, we still can do golf, but need to plan. Cost etc. Look up Angel Park, two courses.

found a deal my dad and i can handle right now! looking like about $15.00 for a round of 12 on the short par course. i like my irons better anyways :rofl:, drivers aren't my thing!

http://www.angelpark.com/sites/courses/custom.asp?id=225&page=33085

but that being said, i need some help planning a place to stay. my dad said he would be willing to take me if i would make the plans, present them to him, and help pitch in a bit. so that being said.. i have been all over the CES website etc. those damn sites just confuse me. any bookings in general confuse me. would you guys give me some great feedback on hotel, transportation, food, anything like that. i really just wanna keep it simple and cheap. i am just going for the two forums parties! :rock:

maybe i could stay at someones house and pay them some money for utilities.. i need at least a bed for my dad. i love the floor, it really is comfy to me.

thanks for all the plans so far, it has helped my dad feel more forgiving :thup:

Call up the Sahara hotel. Get a room reserved. Rivera is pretty cheap. So is Circus Circus. Motel 6 is a decent national chain, call them. I bet there are 2-3 of them in Vegas.

Just need a credit card and a phone call.

You'll have a car so transprtation is good? Food is everywhere. Dinner for the OCF meetup will be about $20 per person after drinks and taxes.

Sorry about no room at my house, I got relatives visiting etc.

oh don't worry about it Conum, i just thought if i could save some money staying at a members house it would be beneficial. looking at it, my dad doesn't think he can take work off. so i may be bringing my grandpa or cousins instead..?

i am not for sure who will be attending with me. but i "will" be attending, so reserve a spot for me! :thup:

I have a hotel room at the Sahara, finally made my reservations... Its the cheapest I found thats on the monorail on the strip, and its costing me $600 for 5 nights. If you want to crash there a couple nights while you are in town, you are welcome. $50/person/night is my rate.

Room has 2 beds, and I'd toss blankets on the floor if anyone wanted to sleep there. Other than that, I'm going to be really busy with CES stuff so you will mostly be on your own. :)

If anyone is going to have a hard time getting a ride there I can pick them up. I can only take one person since I drive a 350 Z.

Back