• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking - Lenovo 3000 J200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Schmoop

I have a Lenovo 3000 J200 with intel E2140 1.6ghz, and my bios info doesnt seem to contain all of the voltage/buss speed/multiplier settings & info that i have seen on everyone elses screen shots.Is it possible that this Mobo doesnt allow overclocking?

:welcome: to OCForums!

You should have posted this in the Intel section, either CPU or Mobo. Anyways, it's very likely that your motherboard doesn't allow overclocking. Most OEMs lock their motherboards b/c they don't want people killing their hardware and then trying to get replacements through warranty. Overclocking is hard to prove, so they just disable it on their motherboards instead.

Moved to Intel Motherboards for you and added the CPU to your thread title to get proper attention. The redirect will only last one day, so please update how you're keeping track of your thread.

As to your question, I have no idea but chances probably aren't great that you'll get to overclock. Something like SetFSB would be your best bet, or a pad mod.

Back