• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do I need more stress tests, or is this ok?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

texasboy

Recently installed sapphire HD5850 1GB on GIG. X58A-UD3R (all as per sig).
Running card at 840/1180 core/mem
BCLK 200 X 19 gives me 3.85GHz v core 1.264v
Ran Prime 95 for 1 1/2 hrs on small FFT`s. Max temp for cores was
64,64,60,58. (low 30`s in idle)
Max temp on 5850 was 60deg (per GPU-Z log). (normally 31deg idle)
Since I will not be doing any gaming myself are the figures ok.?

I also ran 3D MARK Vantage advanced edition (10X) with no problems.
Score 18467 (17,267 gpu, 23329 cpu )
OC on card will go higher but only adds 300 to score.
cheers

Last edited:
I'm not one to stability test for 5 days, but what ever test you use it should incorporate both the Ram and the CPU. So when running Prime95 for a full system test, you should use Prime Blend as opposed to small fft's. Blend will utilize the Ram as well. You could also use Intel Burn Test, set to very high at least, for 10 passes or so. That's all I ever use for a stability test. Much faster, and has never failed me yet. It all depends on your definition of stable. If it runs any program you want to use it for without crashing... I'd call that stable.

I'm not one to stability test for 5 days, but what ever test you use it should incorporate both the Ram and the CPU. So when running Prime95 for a full system test, you should use Prime Blend as opposed to small fft's. Blend will utilize the Ram as well. You could also use Intel Burn Test, set to very high at least, for 10 passes or so. That's all I ever use for a stability test. Much faster, and has never failed me yet. It all depends on your definition of stable. If it runs any program you want to use it for without crashing... I'd call that stable.

Tks nzaneb,:p Used Intel burn ver2.5 64bit, and ran all . standard/high/very high/maximum. Mostly high 50`s deg. and only in "very high and maximum" occasionally hitting 61-63 deg. Prime 95 did hit 65 deg during test. So looking good so far. I`m using one of the older intel i7 920 CO processors in a well ventilated coolermaster haf 932 case. Have had the habit of using old heatsink fans on push/pull and it seems to work.
many thanks
cheers

Tks nzaneb,:p Used Intel burn ver2.5 64bit, and ran all . standard/high/very high/maximum. Mostly high 50`s deg. and only in "very high and maximum" occasionally hitting 61-63 deg. Prime 95 did hit 65 deg during test. So looking good so far. I`m using one of the older intel i7 920 CO processors in a well ventilated coolermaster haf 932 case. Have had the habit of using old heatsink fans on push/pull and it seems to work.
many thanks
cheers

Good to hear! That's nice and cool for a C0, congrats :thup:

Back