• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another Newbie Question For the P4T-E

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

VaTechHokies

P4T-E Question

I know this is a dumb question...but here it goes. Please don't flame me too bad :mad:. Does the P4T-E come with the latest bios installed right out of the box? Or is there some setup process that is involved on the first power up?

Last edited:
Basically the bios version you get is determined by how many units your vendor sells. If it was sitting on the shelf a couple of months then your bios might be a step or two behind. If they have a pretty fast turnover rate you could get one hot off the presses which could have the latest version. Do your homework and find out from the manufacturer website which version is the latest and if possible shmooze the sales person into checking version before you buy. Otherwise study Bios Flash 101 and update it yourself assuming that you need to. If it ain't broke....:)

BTW: The only dumb question is the one the doesn't get asked:beer:

Great reply... This answered my previous Q on wether or not to update the BIOS...

Regards

Teken<---Who has had many Q's answered today... :)

A few people have had problems with the P4T-E not supporting the Northwood out of the box because the BIOS version was out of date. This was a huge problem for people who bought the P4T-E along with a Northwood because they'd need a Willamette just to start the board to flash it with the latest BIOS. Apparently, if the board has a sticker with 1005 on it then it has the latest BIOS already and there won't be a problem. By now all the boards should be ok but as JetMech said it might be a good idea to check first. While they're checking that, get them to check if it has the ICS DRCG too!!:)

Where would one find / locate this sticker??? I have just installed the MOBO into my Antec 1040B server case... Could you point me in the right direction please...

Regards

Teken<---Who hopes he has recieved the newest BIOS version..:eh?:

Back