• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2133MHz Ram on ASUS Rampage Formula iii

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mitchroxz

Hello,

I just got all the parts in for my new rig and I am trying to get the RAM set up to run at 2133 MHz. Everytime i set it up and go to boot it will not. Screen powers off and i have to manually shut down the computer and turn it back on. When it reboots i get a screen saying "Overclocking failed!" and i have to reset the RAM to its default values.

Ive tried just setting the auto clock to X.M.P and also manually configuring the RAM.

The rig specs are:

Asus Rampage Formula iii
Intel i7 950
4GB Corsair Dominator GT 2133MHz

Currently the machine is running with the RAM set to 1066 MHz but i would really like to get the full potential out of it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mitch

sorry, im pretty new to OCing and i dont know what vtt is. however my volts are as follows:

QPI/DRAM Core Voltage 1.138 [1.20000]
DRAM Bus Voltage 1.601 [1.65625]

Hope that helps

sorry, im pretty new to OCing and i dont know what vtt is. however my volts are as follows:

QPI/DRAM Core Voltage 1.138 [1.20000]
DRAM Bus Voltage 1.601 [1.65625]

Hope that helps

Are your current values the first numbers or the ones inside the brackets [ ] ?

In hardware monitor it is showing the numbers outside the brackets (1.138 and 1.601

How do i get it to take the settings inside the brackets?

In hardware monitor it is showing the numbers outside the brackets (1.138 and 1.601

How do i get it to take the settings inside the brackets?

I'm not familiar with your MB, but you should just be able to select/enter/change the values in the bios, like any other bios. But you want to try the values in the brackets first.

You are going to need an uncore speed that is at least twice your dram speed or you won't be able to post... DDR3-2000 requires an uncore speed of 4000MHz. This will often mean a high vtt requirement of around 1.4v to 1.45v.

You are going to need an uncore speed that is at least twice your dram speed or you won't be able to post... DDR3-2000 requires an uncore speed of 4000MHz. This will often mean a high vtt requirement of around 1.4v to 1.45v.

How do i go about doing this? I am new to OCing :(

Also i am using the stock fan right now that came with my processor. I take it that probably wont work if i need to uncore my CPU to 4000mhz?

According to the first post, he is. He should be using 3 sticks, is what you are getting at. Performance wont suffer outside of benchmarks really so mitch, dont sweat it. ;)

I also wouldnt sweat the DDR3 2000 speeds either. You wont notice it if you are at DDR3 1600 and tighter timings anyway.

i could always buy another set of 2x2 and tell my friend to buy the same ram and give him the extra stick lol so we are both running 3x2 ;)

If you both have X58 based motherboards, then yes you can. Or if he is running dual channel, sell him your current sticks and buy something more appropriate for your chipset.

Back