• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help setting up raid on x58A-ud3r Rev2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ohioviper

I put my new rig together today and couldnt for the life of me get raid set up. Anyone have any experience or tips on setting up raid on this board ? I have 2 WD black 640 and I need a step by step walk-though. Thanks

W7 64

After some heavy duty reading I have found that the Marvel sata ports are junk. So what do I need to do to use the other ports and set up raid 0 ? I have set up raid many times on other boards and never had this much trouble. I had raid set up on the gsata portsbut then W7 would not load the drivers from cd and could not see the drives.

Last edited:
1) Connect the HDDs to the SATAII on the ICH10R.
2) Enable RAID in the BIOS.
3) Save and restart.
4) When booting press "Ctrl+I" when prompted to enter the RAID setup.
5) Follow the on-screen instructions. (Select HDDs for the array, select RAID type, stripe size, etc.)
6) Done.

Note: If you installed the OS with IDE/AHCI enabled, then you may have to reinstall the OS.

Thanks for the help guys. Guess I was banging my head trying to set up the Marvel raid and just overlooked the simple stuff. Got the ICH10R raid going just now and all is well. Thanks again.

Back