• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has anyone made a tutorial on overclocking my MB yet

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eaglepi

HI,

Is there any tutorials out there that give you step by step on over clocking my MB and CPU ??

Thanks

If it can help, I have exactly the same mobo.
Easiest for me was to set multi to x20 with a BCLOCK to be close of the stock 2.66GHz.
From there you increase by 10MHz (don't forget to set lower multi on the ram). The power saving feature auto disable when you play with multi so you won't have trouble there.

When you're close of the desired speed, reduce the BCLCK increase and test longer (30 mins LinX instead of 6 mins). Thus, you can isolate easily what is the problem between the Vcore and VTT (which one need to be increased).
I suggest you to put PLL at 1.8V, DRAM at stock (rated voltage of your ram) and IMC at lowest setting.

It took me age to get stable, I bet you could do it faster... My Vcore is 1.3 and 1.2 vtt @ 4GHz but I don't need to run at that speed anyway :rain:

The voltages I mentionned are for a 750, you'll maybe need more. Don't go too fast to 4GHz, watch out your temperature first!

Note: Yea I know a little Mia guide... I read that guide so much time that I almost know it by heart!
Second note: until 180MHz, you won't have to touch that much the Vcore +VTT, but after that it skyrocket!
Last note: I ran linx for 5-6 mins until I reached 195x20, after that I had trouble finding which of the Vcore or VTT was the problem (for 196,198,199 and finally 201 (hole at 200mhz)). The time until failure was often shorter with an increase of the Vcore. The extra heat caused an instability and I had to up the VTT a bit.

Last edited:
Back