• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SATA III Raid ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhysX

I am looking for a motherboard that supports sata III raid, drives are 1tb wd black (64mb), cpu is i7 950, ram is Mushkin XP3-12800 Blackline and video is gtx 580.

I need usb 3.0, and sata III, x58.

Does raid work on the Asus P6X58D-E ? it looks like a decent board, however I am unsure wether raid works on only sata 2 or sata 3.

Is it even worth running sata 3 with those drives ? mainly gaming, streaming hd video from this pc to the tv. that kinda stuff.

thanks guys.

Did some reseach and I guess they say unless you are using ssd sata III drives or 4 platter drives you are unable to utilize sata III to its fullest ?

As far as I know, there aren't any mobos that support SATAIII RAID on-board. There may be a SATAIII RAID card, but I have no idea, never looked.

I don't think HDDs can't even utilize SATAI (150MB/s) to its fullest, so you'll be good on SATAII. Some HDDs do get close to the SATAI limit though, like 130-140MB/s.

Sounds great, I'll save a few dollars and just go with sata ii raid 0

Back