• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Striker II Extreme

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krooked

Registered
Has anyone found a bios or setting setup that will allow the ROG Asus striker II extreme mobo to run SLI and not crash every 10 seconds?

what power supply(how many watts) do you have and what graphic cards do you have in your sli?

Response

Thermaltake TR2 RX-850. and im runnin 2 EVga GTX 260 OC. the reason i asked is because alot of people on newegg were claiming that no matter what they tried the sli would not run properly on the Striker II extreme.

So it runs fine with a single card?

You might want to flash it to the newest bios and go from there.

Response

Yeah it runs great when not in sli. It only makes it 20 seconds into the 3d mark vantage in sli and will crash randomly when in games. Ill hit the bios and see what happens. I had updated it when i built it last year so maybe a new one out.

I assume you have both the 8-pin EATX (ATX 12V) power and 4-pin molex (EZ-PLUG) connections connected to the PSU?

Attachments

• plug.JPG
    plug.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:
Might want to try each card one at a time to make sure there isn't a possibility that one card is bad.

Response

I assume you have both the 8-pin EATX (ATX 12V) power and 4-pin molex (EZ-PLUG) connections connected to the PSU?

You mean the cables I used to plug in the vid card to the PSU? The supply is rated for up to quad sli. But you have to use the Y connectors to take two of the 4 pin to make 1 plug for the vid card.

And to the other response. Yes both of them work 1 at a time.

Just to verify... you have the 8-pin plug from the PSU plugged into the 8-pin EATX (ATX 12V) connector, and not the 4-pin plug from the PSU plugged into only 4 pins of the 8-pin utilizing 1/2 the connector?

Response

Heres what I got, nevermind the stock cooler :p, just put it back on.

Attachments

• 8pin plug.jpg
    8pin plug.jpg
    363.6 KB · Views: 235
  • mobo1.jpg
    mobo1.jpg
    313.8 KB · Views: 282
Back