• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg RMA Q

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

uberwoot

So i got my RMA number and shipping lable what else do i need to do to send a hunk of junk back to them? Where do i need to put the RMA number and anything else i need to send with it?

Bought a Mushkin Callisto Deluxe SSD and i must say its by far the worst SSD i have ever had the misfortune of using. Nothing like what its advertised and the overall quality of the unit is very sub par. Problem is the update tool will not pick up the drive on a old windows 7 and a fresh install. Changed drivers and spent a few hours online trying methods people said worked with no results. Performance is also subpar. My X25-M destroys the Mushkin and if the Mushkin gets some data on it "say 1gb' the performance drops like a rock unlike the Intel.

After i put a one gig file on it the read was only 104mbs and the random access went upto 0.3ms this is down from 172mbs read and 0.1ms random access and 5gb worth of data bogs the drive down so much.

I would normal just get a new drive since its a lemon. But i wont take any more chances with Mushkin since my first exp. with them is utter trash and will be only using quality SSD's. Also the drive took 6 days to get to Mi. from NY and when it came it was just in a blister pack and a padded envelope. Pretty good way to ship a piece of sensitive equipment huh? I been a cust. on Newegg for years now but its time we part ways after this and i honestly cant recommended them to anything since they just dump product into whatever they have without a care to wither its protected or not.

Newegg did ok the RMA whiten 12 hours and provided a shipping label and RMA number. They also waved the restocking fee. RMA support was nice and i give them a A+ for that but i give their shipping dep a F. I will no longer buy from them or send people to them since their shipping dep. does not know how to properly package a item to ensure it is protected.

People say over the years the cust. support has went down the hill with Newegg and i have never seen this. Support was always top notch however over the year shipping times slowed drastically and i revived items that were packed so carelessly that it resulted in product damage during shipping at one point. But this was the final straw when i seen my new SSD in a bubble envelope., in fact the same kind they shipped a HDMI cable to me in.

update about 12 hours after contacting Newegg they sent me a RMA number and pre payed shipping label. They also waved the stocking fee. Still got beef with how it was packed but they handled very good and in a timely manner.

In a atemp to to keep the drive " i really want to" i tested it some more and its pretty much a hunk of junk. 2ms seek times is the best it will get with nothing on it. my intell's do that loaded at about 80%

with 12gigs of data on the mushkin drive average read speed drops to 86mbs and seek goes to 0.5ms. Intel on the outer hand is a flat 173mbs read at 90% full and 0.1ms seek.

Firmware update did improve performance but not by much at all. I had to install windows XP just to flash the drives firmware. So Mushkin SSD's are total and utter junk save your self the time and buy a drive that is not only much faster and much higher quality. Intel X-25M's, OCZ Agi 2's or something like those. If you get a Mushkin SSD your getting a overpriced under-performing pile of junk thats read speed plummet when 1gig of space is used on the drive.

Back