• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

eVGA P67 Classified=The greatest board ever (I helped design, of course)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SeanOMatic

I always wanted angled 24-Pin ATX connectors on my motherboards since the new breed of cases came out and I spoke with Jacob Freeman at eVGA about adding an angled 24-Pin to their next-gen boards. He said he'd discuss it with his team.

Anyways, today I got an e-mail from him saying "Thanks for the heads up" with a picture of the board.

http://twitpic.com/3gn308

I must say, it's sexy.

That's glorious! Makes cable management way easier if the case isn't too tight.
On my old case that'd be an absolute disaster, lol.
That case had about 1/4" between the 5.25 bay bank and the mobo.

Imo the regular 24pin ATX looks better, especially if you have sleeved cables.
The way it is now, the pins show, so it's kinda meh :/

Board looks nice, but the Maximus IV looks better imo. Asus surprised me the most with the P67 Sabertooth block cover, I wish more boards would come with a block like that. Now the Sabertooth is butt ugly and I'd never buy it, but the cover block looks very nice.

550x-asus-p67-saber.jpg

I know some folks get all excited about the looks of a mobo, but I just laugh at the marketing foolishness used to hawk this stuff.

Looks like the P67 classy will be a nice board. Hopefully it wont kill chips like all the other classy boards ;)

Looks like the P67 classy will be a nice board. Hopefully it wont kill chips like all the other classy boards ;)

I have had the P55 Classified for months with an OC'd I7 860 at 4.0GHZ without issues, whatsoever.

What are you talking about?

Imo the regular 24pin ATX looks better, especially if you have sleeved cables.
The way it is now, the pins show, so it's kinda meh :/

Board looks nice, but the Maximus IV looks better imo. Asus surprised me the most with the P67 Sabertooth block cover, I wish more boards would come with a block like that. Now the Sabertooth is butt ugly and I'd never buy it, but the cover block looks very nice.

550x-asus-p67-saber.jpg

It's ugly, but the thing covering it entirely looks very nice?

I have had the P55 Classified for months with an OC'd I7 860 at 4.0GHZ without issues, whatsoever.

What are you talking about?

Classified boards (p55 esp) have a reputation for killing processors when pushed.

I'm sure they're fine for low level overclocking though.

Classified boards (p55 esp) have a reputation for killing processors when pushed.

I'm sure they're fine for low level overclocking though.

Three in my lab are fine and I abuse them.

Maybe a bad batch got out or something, but I usually have great luck with my eVGA Classy stuff.

eVGA is a brand I like associating with. Good guys and Jacob took my suggestion to heart and made it happen because I think they want to make the enthusiasts happy.

I can say this: In a Corsair case or CM case that has the ATX cable route behind the board and come out of a slot near the board, this design is going to rock. Trust me. ;)

It's ugly, but the thing covering it entirely looks very nice?

The cover block looks nice, because it hides all the nasty circuits/caps.

Color scheme of course is butt ugly and unpleasant to look at.

Back OT: The P67 Classified looks ok at best, I'm sure they will put more work into the 2011 socket Classified.

In a Corsair case or CM case that has the ATX cable route behind the board and come out of a slot near the board, this design is going to rock.

The new design shows the pins, which is a flaw imo. I'm also sure my MDPC-X sleeve will look horrible positioned that way.

I guess you guys haven't seen this board. Looks like a direct competitor. The heat sinks were taken off, it will have them upon final release.

Attachments

• bigbangmarshall1_dh_fx57.jpg
    bigbangmarshall1_dh_fx57.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 636
Back