• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Just a nickname

Hey,

Just got my p55 classified 200. Replaced my p5p77d-e with that one. When I start the computer, I can hear it booting then shutting like 3-5sec after. Then, it reboots again and I can hear the system post a "beep-beep... beep-beep"

The manual is quite small comparated to the ASUS one and I couldn't find any solution to that problem... Hope you can help!

It isn't a problem... because the board uses both CPU and PCIe clock generators, the dual-boot is a normal function of the BIOS. If for whatever reason you want to disable that function, set Clockgen Switch Mode to Disabled. The option becomes greyed out, and set to Enabled at any BCLK greater than 200. During the dual-boot scenario the clock generators are effectively synchronizing / calibrating themselves, which results in a more accurate / stable final CPU clock.

Back