• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA classified 200 issues with BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Just a nickname

Hey,

I have this problem:

Okay, so as you can see on this picture, the x20 multi is selected but the frequency is 160x21... I tried with x19, and it is like if the mobo was skipping the x20 (so when I use x20 = x21 and x19 = x19). How can I fix that?

Also, what is the MCH strap? Should I let QPI on auto?

img00458201012181433.jpg

I am wondering here what is DRAM SPD...

img00459201012181433.jpg

Also, do you know what is the NF200 voltage?

Thanks for help!

Another question, I just heard on this forum that EVGA classified board were known to be CPU killer! Is that true?
My motherboard model is the E659. I wanted to push the CPU to the highest frequency... I might not do that if the board is flawed :(

Found that on the web:
"So far, EVGA is the only company we know that uses sockets exclusively from LOTES on their top-tier P55 boards – for example, the EVGA P55 Classified 200, model E659. This by the way may be the onus behind the decision to market the board’s “300% More Gold Content” socket statement as a purchasing option point. If you find yourself shopping for an EVGA P55 FTW, model E657, you’ve got a 50/50 chance of buying one with a Tyco AMP socket design (using a LOTES backplate), as opposed to one made solely with Foxconn’s, the same goes for MSI and DFI who have batches of boards in the retail channel using LOTES sockets (although we’re not entirely sure on socket specifics at this point). DFI told us earlier they have dropped usage of the Foxconn sockets completely until further notice. We hear the LOTES and Tyco AMP sockets are in short supply, which is probably why Foxconn’s been able to fill the void in the market with what we believe to be a lower quality alternative for the extreme overclocker."

So LOTES is ok, but Foxconn is cheaper so it may fry you CPU if pushing too far?

Disable Turbo Mode, and set MCH Strap to 1600 for the time being. Also set DRAM Frequency to 2:10 = DDR3-1600 at a 160 BCLK. And no, the Classified isn't a CPU killer other than by user abuse. It ranks right up there w/ other top tier boards as one of the best available. And the NF200 Voltage setting controls the nVidia video bridge chip voltage, which you can just leave at the default of 1.2V.

Last edited:
Thanks for the fast reply!

Now when I disable turbo, I have "access" to the x20 multi but not the x21 :rain:

Is this locked on that board? Is there a way to use it?

or 19 multi..these chips like odds better than evens it seems..i'd go x19 and even higher clock..i use x19 w/o turbo

Mmmmh, I can;t find the method to keep turbo on (thus access to x21) but not having the x22 & x24 multi when it kicks in. I heard it was possible on other boards... On my p7p55d-e, it was unlocked so I didn't got any trouble =/

Back