• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for someone to convert digital tape to DVD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SeasonalEclipse

I cant find any affordable solution for my issue. Me and my friend recorded many amusing videos during our teenage years on his camcorder. Since then the camcorder broke and the small tapes from it are digital, they will not work with any adaptor for VCR or anything. I did find one service online but it would cost nearly 70 bucks to get dvds made.. Im not willing to pay that much.. and a new camcorder would be a couple hundred for play back ability.. Does anyone here know of any online services I can send the tape(s) into to be made into dvds for a fairly cheap rate?

did you know that many of the photo services, like longs drugs, wally mart, and costco photo have dvd services available? it still isnt cheap. its about $29-49

you didnt say what kind of digital, i assume DV?

we can do DV -VHS- S- D8- Hi8- DVCAM to DVD conversion here, in "realtime" or slowtime, and author a chaptered dvd, prices vary Huge , depending on the final product you expect. the length of the DV, and if there needs to be repairs or cleanups and all that. can be as low as $28 , to "if you have to ask you cant afford it" :)

cheaply i just send the DV out of a DNR camera into a realtime DVD recorder, doing a CBR dvd, then a simple text menu and blind chaptering every 5 min. then clone that "master" to create e better burn. no edits, no problems, no repairs, everything is just plopped on, it can be done for $28.

what is your location? I am in California.

If you live near a university or community college with a communications department they should have some DV players laying around. They are usually willing to let you use them. I did this for a few people years back when I worked up at the college. Maybe try a video repair shop they might have a cheap one for sale.

Back