• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5B Deluxe Couple of questions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

J2Fresh25

Registered
Ok so I am having an issue with my asus p5b deluxe mobo, I can't get the on-board Hd audio to work, and I also can't get my sound blaster audigy to work(the install won't even work), I have tried downloading the drivers for the on-board audio and it goes through but then upon reboot says drivers didn't load.

Please lmk if you think my MOBO is going bad?

I am hoping now because I may be able to get a good deal on a q6600 to hold me over until I upgrade(but no use if I don't have sound, or a mobo in good working order) also my mobo temps have never been above 40C

just like "driver sweeper" for removing parts and pieces of video card drivers out of the system, creative has a driver remover that will attempt to toss out all of the creative driver parts and pieces, have you attempted to use it?

if your running XP do not install creatives "latest" drivers, i believe they have moved on , the latest drivers suck, i look in my pile of junk here and it shows this driver being the one i went back to SBAX_PCDRV_LB_2_18_0011.exe ?? whatever that is, hey the one they put "in the Box" actually worked before they "fixed" things, so dont discount the cd that came with it, what actual improvments did they make you can list on one finger?

was your audigy going through a simple PCI buss connection ? and is your PCI buss speeds locked to 100?

that just leaves the instalation issues, a "install over" of your Whole operating system would probably solution that, where you install the os over again , right on top of the present system, then do all the upgrades all over again.
of course it is usefull to have cloned that partition before doing that, so you have everything to be able to retract it back instantlly if you prefer it the way it was.

you havent YET provided any reason to believe that the motherboard is going bad, but if you need an excuse , you still have an opertunity to RUN :)

Last edited:
yea my audigy was going through PCI and yes bus is locked to 100!, well I was asking because I even located and downloaded the drivers for the on-board audio without success. I have used the driver remover for the audigy and it didn't make a difference, once re-installed even error free upon re-boot no sound.

the things rely soo much on various windows wdm drivers (or is it wmd) and stuff, when your sound doesnt work anymore,, you have to not only check the sound drivers but the MS drivers too.
DirectX stuff mabey too, and other soft connections and "pins" that route the stuff.
there is so much complexity going on thanks to the Team of briliant software engineers :) that arrays of things can go wrong with the interdependencies.

next thing to check for would be MS "sound video and game controllers" type of drivers that have the Yellow ! flags in Device Manager, make sure you select to "show hidden devices" so any unseen stuff is also seen, so you can check it also..
it might be a good time to actually clean out any doubles (ghosted) that are in there too, by uninstalling them. then reboot and see what asks to get re-installed.
Also check "Other Devices" when in there , and usually you can just toss that stuff out too, and then come back around at boot and see how it is going to install that all properly again.

run a DXdiag directx diagnosis checking thing. found around here C:\WINDOWS\system32\dxdiag.exe or using search for dxdiag.exe.

then in the sound control pannel, make sure that the correct device you want sound sent to is the one selected.
with Video cards, having the HDmi sound device, plus the onboard, your going to have to specifically select the One device that windows will be using for sounds.
iF your going after getting the add-in Card to work, might be good to completly DISABLE the onboard sound , just to get that completly out of the way. that is done in the motherboard BIOS usually.

Last edited:
Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

that's the error I get when looking at these devices through control panel

SoundMax(asus driver for on-board) re-installed and said "audio driver did not load,you may need to reinstall SoundMax

I enabled the HD audio because it was previously disabled after installing my Sound Blaster Audigy, also ran dxdiag and it doesn't recognize any sound cards

and under the Creative item in the device manager "creative SB AUdigy" the drivers are not installed right? because you could not install them.

any number of things could be wrong with the system, keeping the drivers from being installed.
like.
Installer items (meaning the install software itself), whatever installer (and version) that is used, has a conflict, which can range from a Old installer existing , to a new version of the installer screwing up with the old one. actually a common problem. so then all the installer crap has to be either removed (that is what we do here, just Toss, and go) or the installer has to be messed with in the registry or in its folder. For these things if you dont know how to rip out all the insteller junk that hangs around for uninstall, I will search the web for very Specific errors or patterns that the installer fails with.

then add to that, installer break out space , temp folder available drive space, leftover junk in the temps themselves, and (just because they cant do things simply) the MS MSI installer, which can be used in conjunction with another installer (take 2 thier small).

as far as the error, i find that most of the stock errors do not define what is actually wrong almost EVER. that is where the whole "story" about where it fails at and the symptoms and actions are usefull information.

Last edited:
I enabled the HD audio because it was previously disabled after installing my Sound Blaster Audigy, also ran dxdiag and it doesn't recognize any sound cards

right now it is unimportant that it actually find a sound card, but that the DX drivers all show exisitng and of similar pile versions. hopefully the window at the bottom will inform you of any actually missing or improper items.

didn't notice it I'll run it again I cleaned the audigy drivers off my system and I am going to try it again

didn't notice it I'll run it again I cleaned the audigy drivers off my system and I am going to try it again

if you attempt the install of the drivers again, write up exactally what happens, where when and what exact (searchable) error it gives and at what point in the process.
that way it might be searched for, or Assumed what aspect of it is failing.
tell the whole story as you see it happening, because i cant see it.

I even installed an updated driver for my sound card and still no luck...gives the same lame error

Went Onto Creatives Website:

got a driver from 2009

version 5.12.1.2016

installed drivers and re-booted

I load into windows no sound but recognizes the install, then states(CODE 39) error

dxdiag says" No Sound Card Found. If One Was expected, you should install a sound driver provided by the manufacturer"

Last edited:
Back