• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus p5n-d intell q9300 overclocking help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mikeandjill00

Hi all im new. Read alot of the forums, Tried about 30 combinations seems like cant get it running over 15% ok... 2.88 ghz only.. Id love to see 3.2- 3.3 from the chip but no luck .. have a zalman fan, 3 gig corsair xms, 2 sli gigabite gtx 460. ive tried linked unlinked upping voltage? i did see 3 ghz voltage was around 1.3 crashed on core 1 upped it a bit more then crashed on core 2.. didnt like it that hi.. "Ok ive keeps seeing a blue windows crash sreen after posted to home page" whats that ? why ? anyone with the set up can walk me threw it.. much appreciated.. ty mike

Last edited:
Mike, did you checkout the sticky in intel CPU's? That has a good instructional thread at the top about overclocking the sort of processor you have.

It posted to home page then crashed "windows" its dumps and i have to restart.. Im close.. Ive been reading alot.. Will try to look for his..Maybe have the link.. and ty mike

Last edited:
vcore 1.331 dram 2.01 4 gigs ht 1.38 nb 1.46 sb 1.52 fsb 1675 running at 3.188 ghz... on occt it runs 10 min and core 1 fails not sure how to read it.. I set memory stock timing other the 830 instead 800...any ideas ..ive tried like 200 bios combos already :) just want a solid system not looking to sweeze everything out of the chip but would love 3.2 - or 3.3 ive had it up there also but also fails sooner...does changing the multiplyer to 7 and upping fsb higher help... havent tried any them ? ty for your advice Mike

Back