• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Gigabyte UD3 vs UD5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lutsk

Hey guys, I got the whole pc kit ready in cart but only one thing still bothers me: the MoBo. Should I go for UD3 or UD5 and why? I read that UD3 had fewer DIMMs for memory but that post was in the begining of 2010 so now I ain't sure even when checking specs. The current price for each is 219.99$ vs 279.99$.

Here's my set that I intend to buy soon (any thought or recommendation is more than welcomed):

- HAF X
- i7-950
- OCZ Vertex 2 120GB (SSD)
- Black Caviar 1TB 7200RPM (HDD)
- GTX 570 Gigabyte or EVGA (still thinking; look-warranty issue)
- KINGWIN LZG-850 GOLD 80+ Gold (Blue LED)
- Noctua NH-D14 CPU cooler
- 3 x 2 GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 1600 6-8-6-24

there really is no reason to choose the ud5 over the ud3, and if you are planning to do any serious oc'ing then the ud3 is the better choice anyway. the older x58-ud3 did have only 4 ram slots, but the newer x58a-ud3 has 6 ram slots and clocks like there no tomorrow. choice is easy for me. the ud5 does look nicer though, I guess that could be worth $70 american

Back