• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

H55 vs P55 performance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

treepop

Christmas time. Just got a decent deal on an i5-760 @ Fry's ($180).

I got an ASUS P7H55-M LX for my brothers rig while there. I can still return it, I just wanted something for him to unwrap at Christmas.

My question is: Should I return this motherboard and get him a p55? Will I see performance gains? I know the H55 has on board video (which is irrelevant). Is there any perk to P55?

Thanks guys/gals/santa:grouphug:

h55 doesnt have onboard video it simply has everything needed for onboard. The CPU still has to have the integrated graphics.

Ive got a p55-usb3 and a h55m-s2v and the biggest difference is the BIOS. Obviously you lose bells and whistles like SLI/xfire and etc but performance wise I dont think you will see a hit unless you want to OC by quite a bit. a 10-25% OC shouldnt yield any noticeable difference.

I will put it this way. My H55 is in a the ASUS package and the P55 is in my HTPC. P55 generally has more options.

Thanks for the reply guys :)

So to reiterate: The major difference is going to be options in the bios (such as more tweakability).

After talking with bro. He wants the ability to run 8 gigs of ram. So we are going to swap the asus for the BioStar TH55B HD. Which, according to newegg.com, InsideHW.com rated best buy.

Thanks so much for the input on the H55 vs P55.

Some H55 boards (gigabye s2h and ud2 and usb3) have lots of bios options and are top notch choices for extreme OCing.
The main difference is no crossfire/sli for h55, and no IGP on P55.
Other then that it's up to the board and bios design what the differences are.

thanks for all of the responses. Ended up getting a BIOSTAR TH55B HD. Has all the OC features I will need. I don't need the xfire or sli or raid. So all should be well.

Thanks again!

Back