• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.99 RAM Usable after overclocking EVGA P55 i5.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kinghais

Registered
idk wut's the problem when i overclock it my computer shows 2.99Ram usable and sometimes it just says TOTAL MEMORY RAM 3.00GB but i have 6GB.
it just start doing this i don't get it wut is it. i did some reaearch and i found out that windows7 does that but i dont think it my windows 7 64-bit doing this , IT IS MY BIOS. b4 my computer starts up when i push Delete to enter bios i c it that bios says/reads 3Gb ram(when it' overclocked)
Even if i overclock it little bit it will show 2.99 or 3.00G.
when it's not overclocked it reads/says 6.00GB.
i can't remember if this started when i change my CPU from i5-650 to i5-750:confused:
what can b the problem???
please help i can't play some of my games:cry:

idk wut's the problem when i overclock it my computer shows 2.99Ram usable and sometimes it just says TOTAL MEMORY RAM 3.00GB but i have 6GB.
it just start doing this i don't get it wut is it. i did some reaearch and i found out that windows7 does that but i dont think it my windows 7 64-bit doing this , IT IS MY BIOS. b4 my computer starts up when i push Delete to enter bios i c it that bios says/reads 3Gb ram(when it' overclocked)
Even if i overclock it little bit it will show 2.99 or 3.00G.
when it's not overclocked it reads/says 6.00GB.

That sounds like the most F-ed up board I ever heard of so far.
And folks at badcaps.net would suspect the motherboard makers using cheap stuff again or bad soldering.

Shouldn't need to change any voltages with a little OC.

Start | Type msconfig in the "Start Search" field, and hit ENTER | Configuration Utility--> "Boot" tab | "Advanced options" button | Under the "BOOT Advanced Options" dialog, make sure the "Maximum memory" option isn't checked. If it is checked, uncheck it and reboot.

Start | Type msconfig in the "Start Search" field, and hit ENTER | Configuration Utility--> "Boot" tab | "Advanced options" button | Under the "BOOT Advanced Options" dialog, make sure the "Maximum memory" option isn't checked. If it is checked, uncheck it and reboot.

thanks i 've that, it's uncheck. it's not From windows it's my BIOS

I've had great luck with my eVGA P55 boards. Perhaps the trouble is stemming from using Three DIMMS vs. Two or Four? Not sure.

Finally got my new motherboard from EVGA , but still doing samething :( n I'm so disappointed....
Idk Wuts the problem .......
Now I'm thinking to replace my power supply , maybe that cause it??? I've been using it for over a year now. Or maybe my CPU???
Help pls

Back