• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First and last order with TigerDirect

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HeatM1ser2k4

Ok, so I buy this mobo from Tiger Direct last week. The price was better than Neweggs' or Microcenters' price. The product page said that it will ship the same day that its ordered if its ordered by 9pm. I ordered mine around 11am(Tiger Direct is in the same time zone as I am). Well, they didn't ship it for 3 days. I even spoke to one of their representatives 2 days after ordering the mobo, and he assured me that it would only take 2 days to arrive from Illinois. If he is right, it will arrive tomorrow. Considering UPS's website still says its in Illinois, I don;t expect it to arrive tomorrow, but I'll update this thread when it does arrive.

I just really hate when companies use false advertising to win an order over another company. Microcenter was only $10 more, and I could have had it the same day.

Anyhoo....because I don't believe in unethical business practices, like telling a customer it will ship the same day its ordered and then not shipping it for 3 days, Tiger Direct will not be getting my business unless it arrives tomorrow like their customer service rep told me it would.

Ok, so I buy this mobo from Tiger Direct last week. The price was better than Neweggs' or Microcenters' price. The product page said that it will ship the same day that its ordered if its ordered by 9pm. I ordered mine around 11am(Tiger Direct is in the same time zone as I am). Well, they didn't ship it for 3 days. I even spoke to one of their representatives 2 days after ordering the mobo, and he assured me that it would only take 2 days to arrive from Illinois. If he is right, it will arrive tomorrow. Considering UPS's website still says its in Illinois, I don;t expect it to arrive tomorrow, but I'll update this thread when it does arrive.

I just really hate when companies use false advertising to win an order over another company. Microcenter was only $10 more, and I could have had it the same day.

Anyhoo....because I don't believe in unethical business practices, like telling a customer it will ship the same day its ordered and then not shipping it for 3 days, Tiger Direct will not be getting my business unless it arrives tomorrow like their customer service rep told me it would.

Might be a one off fluke. I've ordered plenty from them as well as my buddy(jdsparks21) and it arrives the next day if not it's here the 2nd day.

It might have gotten lost in space. I'm sure they will take care of you.

I ordered from TigerDuress several times and every experience was bad including one where the CSR cancelled my order because I questioned why they said the order was shipped when it had not been. They lost my business but companies like this do not care. They'll continue their unscrupulous activities until the FTC or state attorney general fines them or shuts them down for fraud.

If it were me I'd take a few minutes to file a grievance with your state AG so they are aware of the false advertising by TD. If they can confirm this fraud they will prosecute.

I refuse to buy from CompUSA or TigerDirect because don't like to pay taxes on internet stuff. :shrug: They have fine companies, but when I can save anywhere from one dollar on a small order to around twenty dollars on a large order, would be crazy to order from anywhere else. :screwy:

Contact the Better Business Bureau if you are really upset over it.

Unfortunately the BBB has no power but a state attorney general does. It's useful to consult BBB listings prior to a purchase, especially for service work, but the BBB can't do much to resolve a dispute or fraud. A state AG however can conduct a formal investigation and file suit for consumer fraud or other violations and fine unscrupulous companies.

Update: UPS has my package and will hand it off to my local post office today for delivery tomorrow. I'm still a little ticked off that it took 3 days to ship(4 if you consider UPS didnt have it in their possession until Monday), but its not too much later than the TD rep said it would be. Maybe I'll take another chance on TD if they have an especially good deal on something in the future

THAT is how TD sucks people in... low prices. Once burnt, twice shy. ;)

Last edited:
Ok, so I'm confused. When you ordered it, did you pick 3-5 day shipping or next day? How long total did it take to get to you?

So you ordered it on Friday? (UPS got it on Monday counting back three days...)

It was Christmas day and Boxing day over the weekend, so that might be why they took so long.

I personally hate buying stuff online and waiting for it. Only good online buying experience for me was when the vendor's system screws up so I didn't get charged tax or shipping and my package was at my doorstep 3 hours after I get my tracking number sent to my email. :chair:

If you read the original post, the OPs order did not ship on the day it was ordered - as promised... The issue has nothing to do with what delivery option he picked. The order didn't ship when it was promised to be shipped.

Understood, however I'm just curious what difference it makes whether it shipped the same day and then sat somewhere for three days and he got it on the fourth day OR if it didn't ship for 2 days but then still arrived on the fourth day. Either way he got it in four days... Especially if he picked the 3-5 day shipping option..(if that is actually what happened?) That's why I asked the question.

Well... For all we know, the warehouse workers got the day off. :shrug: Saturday was Christmas, so that's not a "business day" and Sunday definitely isn't. Even if the page said same day shipping, that more than likely pertains to "normal" weeks.

Secondly, It says it will ship if ordered before 9P.M. What shipping companies pick up that late? I think it meant it will be boxed in the warehouse.

^^^^^ If an advertisier has days when their Guarantees don't apply they have an obligation to post notice on their website, in adds, etc.

Yes, UPS and other carriers pull fully loaded trailers out of Bad Buy, TigerDuress, Questionable-Egg, etc. at up to 11 PM at night depending on their location and contracts.

Some vendors are notorious for packaging an order and generating a (UPS) shipping lable but not actually shipping the package the day the lable is generated. This is intentional to deceive in many cases.

The OP got screwed.

I refuse to buy from or because don't like to pay taxes on internet stuff. :shrug: They have fine companies, but when I can save anywhere from one dollar on a small order to around twenty dollars on a large order, would be crazy to order from anywhere else. :screwy:

You're supposed to pay taxes whether the merchant collects them or not. Don't let the IRS find your post where you imply that you skip out on taxes :sn:

I ordered it on Friday (CHristmas Eve), and it wasnt shipped until Monday

You ordered Christmas eve, and you actually expected them to have it shipped on Christmas day? FFS, that's effing Christmas day, and a weekend, too. What are you smoking?

^^^^^ If an advertisier has days when their Guarantees don't apply they have an obligation to post notice on their website, in adds, etc.

Ugh. You shouldn't have to have it posted for major holidays. Are you one of those people that needs the "Caution: Beverage is Hot!" on coffee cups to know that it'll burn you if you dump it in your lap?

Of course an e-tailer should post notice for holidays as different stores have different biz hours during holidays. The OP's order was placed before 9 PM and should have been shipped as advertised. There is no way to know what hours businesses will be open if they don't post notice. As an example I just drove by a McD's that was closed but the Wendy's across the street was open. Making insulting, ignorant statements does not validate someone's POV.

Trying to rationalize bad service is futile. Some of these companies have a history...

Trying to rationalize bad service is futile. Some of these companies have a history...

And sometimes that history is irrelevant. Anybody who has been in this country for long enough to know the "history" of a U.S. merchant knows that 99.9999% of U.S. merchants are closed on Christmas, and that shipping is done on business days; not weekends, and most definitely not major holidays.

Back