• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS P7P55-M and no post screen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iXmerof

I've just bought and ASUS P7P55-M motherboard and i3 processor for it. The label on MOBO shows that it has 0311 BIOS entered, so it supports i3-540.
But when I put my i3-540 inside and A-Data DDR3 RAMS + GeForce GTX 460 and press POWER fans starts working, speaker is silent and nothing shows on screen. When I put RAM out (i'm trying to run with one module only) SPEAKER beeps 1 long 2 shorts what means GPU Error. GPU checked on other PC and works, PSU is an OCZ 600Watt so is good too.
This site: http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-ASUS/P7P55-M.html , shows that i3-540 is supported, I can not find which revision I have - on box and on CPU nothing is written about it.
I think I could update the BIOS and check what happens, but without screen I haven't any proof if it updates, when it finishes and if it was succesfull, so better to not try.
What could I do? Please help me.

Clearing tried milion times, mobo has one pci-e x16 slot only.

Yup, I'm ever forgetting about it, because somebody told me that I can damage cpu without connecting it.
I totally have no idea what happens, anything should works. Broken RAM's or what?

The K0 stepping 540 has a sSpec# of SLBTD, and the C2 stepping chip has a sSpec# of SLBMQ, either of which will be listed on the box the chip came in. The C2 has been supported since BIOS rev. 0311, but the K0 needs the latest rev. 0902 installed.

So, the question is if I have this second stepping how can I update the BIOS without i5/i7 processor, nobody in my area owns it :/

And is it normal that it hangs before POST screen, should it show POST screen without information about processor? I never met with such situation, even with 775.

Last edited:
Back