• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5Q Pro Turbo wont boot with 4x2gb ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

murdok5

So been running this board for some time, rock stable with 2x2gb of OCZ ram. Running DDR2 5-5-5-15 at 2.2v very cool and stable.

I added 2x2gb more ram, and nothing. wont boot. Says overclock failed and i need to adjust settings. So i loosen timings, and still no boot.

I take out the OCZ and boot to only the AData. Runs great passes memtest. Put in the OCZ as well, and no boot.

I have test different ram in each slot.

I have upped the NB voltage, and the ram voltage is at 2.2v. Still only runnin ram at 800mhz, and rated timings.

I have never ran more than 2 sticks, and i would think since they both run fine seperatly at those speeds that they should run fine together. The searching if read mostly said the NB has to work harder and you should up the voltage there, but that didnt seem to make a difference.

and sidenote, overclocking the 780i mobo's was MUCH easier...wow!

thanks

So been running this board for some time, rock stable with 2x2gb of OCZ ram. Running DDR2 5-5-5-15 at 2.2v very cool and stable.

I added 2x2gb more ram, and nothing. wont boot. Says overclock failed and i need to adjust settings. So i loosen timings, and still no boot.

I take out the OCZ and boot to only the AData. Runs great passes memtest.

This is where I stopped reading. Mixing brands of RAM or even the same brand of unlike pairs or triplets is extremely unwise. If you can't find the exact same RAM in the same series from the same manufacturer with the same latency and the same voltage then you're stuck with what you've got. Or a possible disaster.

i was thinking the same thing, and i follow that as well when i plan to OC, but i thought, why not give it a go? so the oc (tighter timings) didnt work, and that was expected.

However, i still sorta expected it them to play nice with loser timings and higher v. considering thats what they are rated it.

Still wrong assumption?

Back