• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bill Me Later? Has Anyone Used It?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathman20

High Speed Premium Senior
Curious if anyone has experience using this service? Thinking about using the service to help spread payments on an item over a few months but as well I could just purchase it outright just takes a little hit to the book is all.

Just seeing if anyones used it before.

Not I, but I've seen it all over the place. Sub'd, curious to see what others have to say...
Edit: Wonder what % rate they'd hit you for?

Subscribed as well. I was thinking about using it to buy a nice big revo drive over the course of 3 months.

I've used it twice. Both times, they were offering 10% off to use it, so I used it, and immediately paid it off.

Curious if anyone has experience using this service? Thinking about using the service to help spread payments on an item over a few months but as well I could just purchase it outright just takes a little hit to the book is all.

Just seeing if anyones used it before.

It's like a store credit card - so the rates jack up after the grace period. To take advantage of the no-interest, etc. deals I'd advise you pay it off immediately.

Been using it for years. It's great so long as you definitely pay it off within the interest-free time period. :)

Signed up for it a few months ago for a newegg purchase. I paid it off within 2 weeks, I was just waiting for a paycheck to come in. If I didn't know that I was going to have the money soon, I wouldn't have done it, but it worked out alright. Like others have said, it's the same as a retail store credit card, it's great if you pay it off before the interest free period expires, but after that, you get hit with high interest rates. Bill me later is at 19.99% right now, I know a lot of stores run 25-30% interest rates. But I haven't had any problems with it.

My only comment on this (not directed at the OP) is to consider the hit to your credit score by opening an account. On the flip-side, it may help your credit if you need to build or repair it— assuming you can get approved and use it responsibly.

You need to hold accounts in good standing for years to get any kind of bump on your credit report.

Even then thought they revamped the system a bit more, and having more accounts, with at least Active total credit value wasn't that a huge of a damper on credit ratings, it actually improved it ever so slowly.

Though overall great news :) I like the answers and I'll probably be doing it sometime this coming week. I'd pay it off quickly its not an issue of that, its I want it and don't want to drop the account down to far that I fell uncomfortable without touching my savings account.

I been using BML forever

Even walmart online lets you pay with BML then you can pick up at the store.

I just break the payment up evenly over the months allowed.

DONT BE LATE, INTEREST SUCKS.

Never had an issue myself with them.

I always wanted to try Bill Me Later , more so at the Egg . Nice to know its a-ok .

yep BML is legit, mwave is the first place I used it.
Newegg
Tigerdirect
Walmart
Buy.com
Amazon

those are the ones I can thing of that I have used it with.

They are LEGIT.

Legit! Heck ya. I always use there 6 months at the egg.

P.S I have yet to be charged interest for anything :p

They are legit but beware - they have a reputation for predatory lending and unethical business practices. They'll nail you to the wall if you default as well.

Back