• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]Gigabyte H55N-USB3 mini-ITX: Big Overclocks From A Small Board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

I have always thought of mini-ITX motherboards as utilitarian in that they are used only for specific reasons: HTPC, "carputer" or for basic computing tasks in cheaper, smaller footprint than ATX offers. Most people probably never think of them as motherboards for gaming, overclocking or benchmarking with, and I was one of them.

My view changed a few months ago when an online competition required use of a mini-ITX motherboard and a Gigabyte H55M-UD2H mini-ITX board was purchased to compete with. Maybe it was because the board was so inexpensive compared to the decked out "overclocking" board... ... Return to article to continue reading.

Very cool board. I like the case used too, but the built in power supply raises 12V amperage questions. The Lian Li PC-Q07 fits a full size psu, and I believe a large graphics card. I was very tempted to build one of these, but with Sandy Bridge around the corner I'm holding off. :)

Back