• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg Falsely Advertising (RANT)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bon3thugz43v3r

*RANT ON*

I have been a longtime Newegg customer....my first order was placed back in 2002.

My most recent experience really bothered me with Newegg. You see, Newegg advertises on a lot of items site-wide a "UPS 3 Day Guaranteed" shipping service. Sounds great, and I bet a lot of people end up buying an item because of this simple little phrase underneath the item they want to purchase.

The problem is, those orders that apparently have "UPS 3 Day Guaranteed" shipping, are actually being shipped out UPS Ground more often than not.

Now in my opinion, this is false advertising because, as most of us know, there is nothing guaranteed about UPS GROUND and the time frame is (5-7 business days).

What the Newegg rep told me was that orders are viewed and based on their destination and the item's warehouse origin, the shipping service is chosen.

So in my case, my item was shipped out from the New Jersey warehouse and I am in Florida. So Newegg shipped out my package via UPS GROUND on 12/28 (Tuesday). Here we are on 12/31 (Friday) and my package is in my city sitting at the UPS facility waiting to be delivered on Monday. Oh and I placed my order on Sunday with my Preferred Account....longest it has ever taken for Newegg to process my order, but that is besides the point.

Now, if my package would have been sent out with a "UPS 3 Day Guaranteed" shipping service, than my package would be out on the truck for delivery right now according to UPS.

In my opinion Newegg needs to get rid of the "UPS 3 Day Guaranteed" shipping service that they offer on a lot of items for free and start calling it free UPS Ground shipping, because that is what it really is anyways.

*RANT OFF*

http://www.newegg.com/HelpInfo/FAQDetail.aspx?Module=1
It takes one to two business days for us to process an order (prior to shipping it). Once the order has shipped, your estimated time of arrival will be determined by your selected shipping method and your local FedEx guidelines for delivery.

Unfortunately it does not. All orders are processed and shipped within our 1-2 business day processing timeframe, regardless of the shipping option selected. Although we do our best to ship out all orders the same day they are placed, and we manage it over 99% of the time, we can never guarantee same day shipping on any order. Processing time is not included in your shipping option, so an order shipped using next day air will arrive in one business day from the day it is shipped.

To help ensure an urgent order is delivered to you as quickly as possible, Newegg.com offers a Rush Processing option for orders placed before 12PM PST. This option costs a small additional fee, and Newegg will put forth its best efforts to ensure your package leaves our warehouse that day. However we can never guarantee same day shipping on any order. If we fail to ship your order on the same day it was placed, the rush processing fee will be refunded. If, however, you are close enough to our California, Tennessee or New Jersey warehouses, you can get Local Express Delivery for certain items. Check your item's shipping options during check out for details.

They spell it out word for word in their policies.

1-2 business days, = ships on Tuesday..

Adragon, if you order using your Preferred account, you automatically get free "Rush Processing". So I can kind of see his point. However, he also isn't taking into account that this time of the year is the busiest time for shipping orders, and things can get delayed. With that said, I placed a Newegg order using my Preferred account on 12/17/10 and it was filled and shipped from their California warehouses the same day and was delivered on 12/21/10 (in Louisiana). That was about 3 hours before I had to leave to go to the rig offshore, so I didn't get to play with my new vid card even; it's still in the box. :cry:

OP, all I can say is that the people at Newegg must have still been recovering from all the Christmas cheer they drank during the holidays.:beer:

im in new york the most i ever had to wait was 3 days
btw im new here is there a for sale section in this forum for used parts??????????

http://www.newegg.com/HelpInfo/FAQDetail.aspx?Module=1
It takes one to two business days for us to process an order (prior to shipping it). Once the order has shipped, your estimated time of arrival will be determined by your selected shipping method and your local FedEx guidelines for delivery.

Unfortunately it does not. All orders are processed and shipped within our 1-2 business day processing timeframe, regardless of the shipping option selected. Although we do our best to ship out all orders the same day they are placed, and we manage it over 99% of the time, we can never guarantee same day shipping on any order. Processing time is not included in your shipping option, so an order shipped using next day air will arrive in one business day from the day it is shipped.

To help ensure an urgent order is delivered to you as quickly as possible, offers a Rush Processing option for orders placed before 12PM PST. This option costs a small additional fee, and Newegg will put forth its best efforts to ensure your package leaves our warehouse that day. However we can never guarantee same day shipping on any order. If we fail to ship your order on the same day it was placed, the rush processing fee will be refunded. If, however, you are close enough to our California, Tennessee or New Jersey warehouses, you can get Local Express Delivery for certain items. Check your item's shipping options during check out for details.

They spell it out word for word in their policies.

1-2 business days, = ships on Tuesday..

I understand what you pointed out, and my post was not really about the processing time, but more about the three day guarantee. I just through that in there because it was odd that it did take longer to process my order than normal.

Adragon, if you order using your Preferred account, you automatically get free "Rush Processing". So I can kind of see his point. However, he also isn't taking into account that this time of the year is the busiest time for shipping orders, and things can get delayed. With that said, I placed a Newegg order using my Preferred account on 12/17/10 and it was filled and shipped from their California warehouses the same day and was delivered on 12/21/10 (in Louisiana). That was about 3 hours before I had to leave to go to the rig offshore, so I didn't get to play with my new vid card even; it's still in the box. :cry:

OP, all I can say is that the people at Newegg must have still been recovering from all the Christmas cheer they drank during the holidays.:beer:

I have to give them the benefit of the doubt.....what you say is plausible.

I can't agree enough with this thread. My last order was shipped from california and took 8 days to get here. My next order i ordered with next day air and it shipped out of new jersey which takes 1 day to get here.. Facepalm

its not newegg its ups you should be compaining to.
i feel so unwanted here :( i ask a simple question and never got a answer
is there a for sale section in this forum for used parts i can buy??????????

Believe you need a certain amount of posts first.

Slow down. You waited a hour. Sometimes it takes people a bit to respond. Yes there is, and it requires a valid ISP email(there are military exceptions) and a 100 post count. There could be other rules I'm missing.

Now in my opinion, this is false advertising because, as most of us know, there is nothing guaranteed about UPS GROUND and the time frame is (5-7 business days).
I believe UPS Ground does have guaranteed arrival times, and in some cases they're within 3 days depending on the distance. It sounds like your item should have arrived on Friday but didn't, so you might qualify for a claim to get your shipping costs back.

thanks guys for the answer.
but you guys got to realize with the holidays ups is swamped.

Questionable-egg, TigerDuress, Bad Buy etc. all play games to get your business. Technically they are wrong to claim 3-day service and ship via Ground service even if orders are delivered from a warehouse within 3 days via Ground service.

SOS, DD. The 1-2 day processing deal and rush fees are more exploitation of consumers. When companies advertise the lowest prices you can be sure they will make YOU pay one way or the other...

While UPS and other carriers may be busy they ain't swamped and most have laid people off due to lower than normal volume this year. The fact that UPS is only doing Next Day Air deliveries in some locations today, means packages that would have been delivered today (including mine), are sitting in a trailer that has yet to be emptied and sorted even though that trailer is less than 1/2 mile from me.

It's cause they have a warehouse in CA, and another one in TN. Both those warehouses cover the entire continental us within 3 days UPS ground shipping. I think it is because of this, that is why they advertise as 3 day guarantee.

It's cause they have a warehouse in CA, and another one in TN. Both those warehouses cover the entire continental us within 3 days UPS ground shipping. I think it is because of this, that is why they advertise as 3 day guarantee.

Don't forget the New Jersey warehouse

I understand your frustration,FEDEX did this to me one time last year on XMAS eve,decided to say I wasn't home to receive my new 5870s I was watching the door and the tracking number and it said something like redelivery on monday or some crap like that..I called them and ended up driving over to pick them up and I let them have it too..The driver was just lazy and didn't want to work any longer on xmas eve..
but UPS is the worst at on time delivery IMO..

Glad in Wisconsin, im in a prime time location for shipments typically. Resulting in 2-3 Day delivery on free or the 3-day guarantee purchases. I've been even lucky and gotten items the next day though that was with FedEX at the time.

All my ordered are processed and shipped same day as long as its before 12pm CST or 2pm CST forgot which it is, been a while since I've waited last minute, though and that is normal processing not perfered account or anything.

Luck of draw but if its a shipping issue that takes longer contact newegg and they will refund the shipping free if its not arrived in time after shipping. Though due to weather conditions that might have issues.

Back