• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question on ASUS P6X58D Premium LGA 1366

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vandel777

k after all this non sense of RMA's on my rampage board i was sick of it and got a refund and bought this motherboard it should be here today it is in my location right now.

my questions are which PCIE slots do i put my 2xGTX 460s in to run at 16x/16x mode
looks like the 2 blue ones are kinda close if i was to put both GPUs in them?
could 16x/16x run in a the blue and white PCIE slot?

or did i **** up again lmao

And my PSU has 2 cpu power pin connectors does this motherboard only have 1 or 2? and if 2 do i plug in both?

here is the board

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131614

i don't think you can run 16x 16x in slots other than top two(8x,8x), but i have a Asus p6t SE and it is set up similar, if i ran the cards in the top 2 slots they would run so hot sitting on top of eachother, so i run my cards in the 8x and 8x and .... colder cards and less fan noise coming off them and yeah plug them both in if the motherboard has two connectors and im sure that one does, they are side by side so it just looks like a 4x4 row mes thinks.

Last edited:
i don't think you can run 16x 16x in slots other than top two(8x,8x), but i have a Asus p6t SE and it is set up similar, if i ran the cards in the top 2 slots they would run so hot sitting on top of eachother, so i run my cards in the 8x and 8x and .... colder cards and less fan noise coming off them and yeah plug them both in if the motherboard has two connectors and im sure that one does, they are side by side so it just looks like a 4x4 row mes thinks.

under specs it says it can run 16x/16x/1x mode?
but what 2 slots would run it in 16x/16x of the 3 pcies?
or does it even matter it just applys if 2 cards in ?
so either 2 would be 16x/16x?

let me know if you know or any1 on the forum

I am pretty sure it is the first two, they are also the same color which would also suggest this.

~The two dark blue slots will run 16/16 if you put your Nvidia cards in them in SLI.

~The board has a 24pin ATX power connector as well as a 4 or 8 pin connector. Just 1. Remove the slot cover and use the eight pin connector. This connector is (If you orient the board properly), up and left of the CPU socket. It is blue. Only four pins are visible as a black plastic cover blocks the other 4 until removed.

Which Rampage board did you RMA by the way? III Gene? Extreme? Formula? II?

P6X58D-X are excellent. Don't worry.

I'm pretty sure its both blue slots but you know it does tell you in the mobo manual ;)

Back