• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which MOBO is good for i5 750 @ <=4Ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EnterNameHere

Hello,
I am planing to buy new computer in about month or so.

I wish to get at least 3.6Ghz but 3.8Ghz and 4Ghz are lovely too. Mine valet says to pick one of this Mobos.

Question is which is best for reaching that limits (include watt increase and so on)? And did someone tested those?

Asrock H55M-LE
MSI H55M-E33
GA-P55-US3L
ASRock P55M Pro
GA-P55-UD3R

Other equipments are:

Intel i5 750
2x2GB 1600MHz KINGSTON, HyperX KHX1600C9AD3B1K2/4G
GigaByte GeForce GTX460 1GB DDR5, GV-N460OC-1GI

Mobos have ability to place 4 USB on front case and support for at least 4 SATA, which I wanted.

HDD I already have (SATA II type) and case I will get as present (will contain 600w so idk will that be good under overclocked processor).

Thank you for your comments.

PS Yes im waiting for SandyBridge, but mine reason is because those equipments above will became cheaper.

I think I would lean towards the p55-ud3 gigabyte board, I have had great luck with their boards and they are usually very fast too. I you dont have the processor yet I would wait and see what sandy bridge has to offer in that price range, as it would prolly be a better everyday computer, as the new SB chips just seem more efficient almost across the board over the p55 stuff. and may not be that much difference in price, would be worth the wait.

Well, good news is that I dont have anything yet. Bad thing is that i dont have money also, but ill have it till begining of next month. Everyone talking SB this SB that, but will it work on gygabite and will it preforme same or better as i5 750?

Back