• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED which LGA 775 chipset is best?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shant

gonna upgrade from an intel board to asus or gigabyte so i can oc, which chipset should i go to?

+1, but...

If you want or need SLI without "hacked" drivers, then you'll need to go to a nVidia chipset like 790i.

I have a little Asus G41 in my wife's desktop running an E4500 (I think). Cost $35 I have never overclocked it or even attempted it. But it runs great. But Like said above, P45 or X48 is the best.

P45 is mainly DDR2, with a few DDR3 boards. P45 will be cheaper than X48 and can OC to high FSB easily.

G41 can OC, but it's very limited in FSB. P45 is your best bet for a low price, high clocking motherboard.

P45 is mainly DDR2, with a few DDR3 boards. P45 will be cheaper than X48 and can OC to high FSB easily.

G41 can OC, but it's very limited in FSB. P45 is your best bet for a low price, high clocking motherboard.

i have a problem, the website im gonna get it from doesn't have a p45 ddr2 board :\ this website is the only place in my country i can trust, retailer stores suck here, can you help me choose something from the list? should be below 100$ :(

http://www.pcandparts.com/price.htm

If that's the only site you can buy from, then it looks like G41 or P41 are your only options. Just get one of the Gigabyte boards and not the Intels. With a G41/P41 most people hit a FSB wall around 340MHz FSB, but you may get lucky.

If that's the only site you can buy from, then it looks like G41 or P41 are your only options. Just get one of the Gigabyte boards and not the Intels. With a G41/P41 most people hit a FSB wall around 340MHz FSB, but you may get lucky.

definitely not getting intel ;)
you mean 3400mhz? thats more than enough for me, ill get one of G41 or p41 thank you :santa2:

No, I didn't mean 3400MHz CPU speed. I meant ~340MHz FSB which would be multiplied by your CPU multiplier of 9 to get you ~3.0-3.1GHz.

Another option would be to save that money for a platform change if you don't really need the motherboard, especially since the G41/P41 chipset will limit your OC anyways.

No, I didn't mean 3400MHz CPU speed. I meant ~340MHz FSB which would be multiplied by your CPU multiplier of 9 to get you ~3.0-3.1GHz.

Another option would be to save that money for a platform change if you don't really need the motherboard, especially since the G41/P41 chipset will limit your OC anyways.

lol i realized that around 30 min ago, hmm 3.0 is ok too compared to my current 2.4
i just need a little fps boost in starcraft 2, im getting like 23fps around very big battles, its gonna be the same for diablo 3 as there will be lots of monsters attacking, so anyway im good with just a board upgrade i want to save the rest of my money for an extreme i7 rig:clap: (or a better processor if released)

Right...which is why I suggest you try eBay to find one instead of that website you linked

You might want to look into eBay, but it may be hard to find a seller willing to ship to Lebanon...

Right...which is why I suggest you try to find one instead of that website you linked

lol last time i wanted to get something from outside the country i had to pay 70$ to the government for a 12G arctic silver, excluding shipping cost and arctic silver cost :fight:
what do you think they are going to ask for that? :bang head

You might want to look into eBay, but it may be hard to find a seller willing to ship to Lebanon...

no, its so expensive, i tried ordering a 12g product i had to pay 70$ to the government just for getting it out of the airport, there's still shipping and product cost..

Back