• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Difference between H67 and P67

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mad_pc_man

Hi Guys,
What's the difference between a P** and H** (and X** for that matter) intel chipset?
I've looked on google and wikipedia and neither explicitly state a difference.

Tis an old article but might point you in the right direction:

http://techgage.com/news/intels_h67p67_to_feature_sata_6_gbits_but_not_usb_30/

A quick quote from the article:

"To differentiate the products, H67 will support x16 PEG only, while P67 will support either x16 PEG or 2x8 PEG."

Hope that helps!

H67 integrated graphics the P67 does not. I.E. You would need a discreet video card for the P67.

Look at Overclockers front page for a review of Sandy Bridge.

Sorry that I didn't see this earlier!

Last edited:
H67 uses the integrated graphics (ie you don't need a graphics card if you don't want one)

You need P67 to do overclocking.

X67 isn't out yet but I think it was supposed to be a combination of H67 and P67 features.

Just wondering if P&H-67 chipset has full, unfettered USB3 and SATA 6GB support, or sort of cobbled together?

Native Sata 6GB and most (all boards I've seen so far) have USB3 via a 3rd party chip. The 3rd party USB3 solutions for H/P67 are better than they were for P55 though, because intel doubled the PCIe bandwidth (full speed instead of halfspeed on P55).

Does the H67 have a dual DVI output for a dual monitor setup?

And what would the max resolution of those displays be?

So If I read that right you can't overclock the H67? Even if you disable the on-board graphics in the bios?

Depending on the board you might be able to raise the base clock, but with Sandybridge you're going to max out at just a few mhz there (since mission-critical stuff like SATA is routed through the CPU). You would need P67/Z68 and a K-chip to up the multiplier.

So, in short, nope.

I had heard that with H67 you couldn't raise the multiplier, but I probably misread that.
VVV

Last edited:
As I understand it H67 is limited to 1333mhz ram speed, but can crank the multi on unlocked chips.
P67 is not limited at all, but has no support for the onboard GPU.
Z68 has support for all OCing, and has onboard GPU support.

I have a Intel Core i7 2600K with a ASUS P8H67-M PRO/CSM. Im not going to try and overclock for a while (never have) I just want to know if I can.

I have a Intel Core i7 2600K with a ASUS P8H67-M PRO/CSM. Im not going to try and overclock for a while (never have) I just want to know if I can.

You cannot overclock with that motherboard. If you want to overclock you will need a motherboard with the P67 chipset.

Thanks! I see they have programs I can download that will take the thinking out of it...lol

Back