• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fedex

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

muddocktor

Retired
Well, the dummies with Fedex once again have screwed me over on delivering a package. :mad: I had ordered some fans for an upcoming heatsink test from Jab-tech and the cheapest shipping was Fedex. Now I was a bit hesitant to use them because the last couple of years I have had some bad service from them, with them not delivering on the date shown on their website, but I went ahead and used them this time to see if their performance has improved any. And sure enough, following the order on their tracking site, it looked like it would get to me today (Friday), so I could play with the fans and sleeve them (which I do with all my fans nowadays). So I look this morning and it shows the package on the delivery truck and I think to myself, "All right". Fat chance of that though; 5:00 PM rolls around and still no delivery. So I check their website out and it still shows it's on the truck. I then call the number and talk with a rep and he calls the nimrods in the Lafayette, LA Fedex office and then gets back with me asking for my phone number so the nimrods can call me and I give it to him. He then states that they (the nimrods in Lafayette) will be giving me a call in a few minutes to update me (yea, right:rolleyes: ). Sure enough, no call from them. So about 9:00 PM I check their tracking site out and it shows "Future delivery requested" (direct quote of their site). Now I know for damn sure that I didn't request a future delivery, so I got back on the phone again to Fedex. I talk to a pretty nice lady and wasn't rude or anything, but let her know that I am tired of getting the runaround from those jerks in Lafayette, because I figure I only have a 50% chance at best of getting anything delivered on time from them any more. She sent a message to them, then said that my package would be delivered Monday.:bang head After she told me that, I then asked her about filing a formal complaint against the Lafayette office. She then asked if it was to be against the driver and I told her I didn't know who the problem was and that was their problem to figure out, not mine. But I was still filing a formal complaint. So she took my info and I guess filled out some complaint form. It must have done some good at least, because before we hung up she said they would be delivering the package some time between noon and 3:00 PM tomorrow. But, I won't be holding my breath for the delivery.

I tell you, they used to have good service, but the last few years Fedex has took several dumps on me on deliveries. UPS is much more reliable for me; get my packages on time and generally the package monkeys don't crush my boxes. I guess next time I order from Jab-tech I will use either UPS or USPS, because at least I can count on them to deliver on time.:salute:

Sorry to hear that.

I have ordered stuff online, thousands of times, and once in a blue moon do I encounter something like this. Only time I call, is when the website says "delivered" and there's nothing here.. Or, every once in a while, I'll order things next day air with time sensitive material, and of course, if it's not delivered by 10am, I call and get a refund/partial refund. Because some things are guaranteed to be delivered by "x" time.

I know stuff happens - we're only human and humans make mistakes. It's a part of life... If it's such a big deal, just buy locally.

I haven't had any problem with FedEx so how the shipping companies fare tended to vary with individuals. UPS, now I could write a book on them, one thick volume dedicated to just problem on my stuff. Such as $2000+ shipment left outside with no signature despite signature "required" (I could claim non delivery, suggest it was stolen since I never signed for it, etc), left a brand new $150 computer case outside in the rain rather than taking it 2 feet further to covered porch, claimed "no one home to receive" even if I was home all day waiting, and delivery to wrong area causing excessive delay. Oh and did I mention a lot of boxes arrived looking like they were used in demolition derby? I avoid using USP to ship things to me if other services are available.

I didn't get my shipment until Monday, so I guess the lady on the phone was mistaken when she told me "the next day" on Friday evening.:-/ The they did call and apologize Monday about 30 minutes before they did deliver and the person that did deliver the package came in a plain, non-marked pickup truck instead of a delivery van. So I guess he must have been a little higher up the food chain than a regular delivery driver. He also gave an apology and the explanation that the "driver was new". At least the package wasn't damaged, so that is a plus. So it all worked out in the end and maybe since I gave a formal complaint they will make the driver more diligent in his job.

[...]maybe since I gave a formal complaint they will make the driver more diligent in his job.
I think that's the key here. At my current location, UPS is a complete joke...I'm lucky if the @#!*$& excuse for a driver stops by before 7pm or 8pm. FedEx and USPS are great, no problems.

At my previous address, FedEx and UPS were usually 'OK', but USPS was a joke...even for items requiring confirmed signature, they'd just drop it on the front porch for all to see.

Seems to be the driver that designates what carrier to go with. Sad, but true it seems...

UPS broke a 50 inch lg plasma that I bought and the clerks checked it and said it was fine and when I asked to see the TV myself before they delivered the TV to me, I got a call back 10 mins later saying they checked the TV and was indeed cracked so they are returning it. I think I dodged a bullet there.

Back