• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Digikey.com A+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jediobi1

Hey all so a few days ago my grandfathers computer craps out on him and as im checking connections and everything I notice some capacitors that are bulging and need to be replaced.

So I go online to digikey and start looking for new replacement caps but there are so many to choose from that I was not sure which ones to get.

So I sign up for an account and talk to costumer service and told them which ones I needed and what they were for and they searched and gave me links to the correct ones aswell as a very well known series of caps.

I thanked them placed my order that night and chose overnight shipping and I awoke the next morning and find the caps to be at my house at 8:30am needless to say I very surprised.

I recapped the motherboard and it is working perfectly once again ever better than before, I plan to order all my capacitors from them from now on!!!.

Digikey is an excellent electronics reseller, and they can ship first class mail, which is great when you have a small order of a couple of light parts (like a couple of caps).

Mouser is also excellent, and they tend to have a pretty different stock than Digikey. In fact, they often overlap less than I would like, but that means that if what you want isn't at Digikey it's probably at Mouser. And the Mouser UI is a lot better.

I'll second that Mouser is great place to get things from, the only thing that I don't like is having to keep calling to stop getting their phonebook catalog.

I've also ordered from Jameco with excellent service.

Gotta give props to Newark.com here as well... They're the US subsidiary of Farnell in the UK and I have to say they are top notch on prices and service as well.

Back