• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA P55 USB3 motherboard keeps beeping at me!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ba!nesy

Hey guys, I have a Gigabyte GA P55 USB3 Motherboard, and a few days after my system was built it started beeping at me... at first I disregarded it, but then it got me thinking, possibly my system is overheating (summer here) Had a look at my Windows 7 gadgets, GPU stated never anymore than 60deg, and CPU never more than 50, (that I can remember) having read this, i thought perhaps my system fan is failing intermittently. Went into Bios, CPU temperature warning was at 60deg. and fan warning was on... So I bumped temp up to 70deg, still beeped at me. Then I thought i'll turn off any temperature warnings, and fan failing warnings see what happens. no beeping. damn for 2 days no beeping. So I turned on temp warning to try and eliminate one of them. temp still set at 70deg (celsius in case you were wondering) and its still beeping at me at random times, sometimes 2 within 10 seconds, then maybe not for a few mins... and its beeping at me just surfing the web.

Any help???

Is it possible that the system is running cool enough that your fan may be slowing down enough to trigger the low-rpm threshhold?

I don't think the low rpm is causing it... here's a picture I took just like seconds after it beeped at me.
Reason for me thinking its not the low RPM is because even when I turned off fan failure, and temperature warning's I didn't hear any beeps, now i've just got the temperature warning set to 70deg... and its the only thing i've got turned on.

Attachments

• Motherboard beeping.JPG
    Motherboard beeping.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 651
Just seeing the ,864V Vcore shown on the HW Monitor tab makes me wonder what the value for Vcore is under the Tuner tab--> Advanced--> Voltage tab, and also what CPU-Z is showing for the current value.

Okay, now that I have installed CPU-Z (didn't think i had the install file) it raises up more concerns.

1: Notice how Easy-tune6 says its core i7 processor AND core i5 in Name and Specification... is that a problem.
2: I know that my ram set (btw ram are in slots 1 and 3... and have the same values so I didn't include the 2nd ram pic) is 1600 mhz, but won't go to 1600 unless I 'overclock' it in the bios, and should be set to 1333 as default (correct so far?) I haven't gotten round to fixing that... but according to this does that mean they're NOT set to 1333???
3: My cpu is 'idling' at around about 1200mhz... is that normal for this generation of CPU's???

Thanks for your help guys really appreciate it.
Things just don't seem right now.

Attachments

• CPUZ CPU.JPG
    CPUZ CPU.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 645
  • EASY TUNE 6 CPU.JPG
    EASY TUNE 6 CPU.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 645
  • CPUZ Caches.JPG
    CPUZ Caches.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 663
  • CPUZ Mainboard.JPG