• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help needed with EP45-UD3LR + Q9650 overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Szarko

Hi,

My specs are:
Gigabyte EP45-UD3LR motherboard
Intel Q9650 cpu
4GB Mushkin Redline 996672 ram specs (800Mhz 4-4-3-10 1.8v)
Coolermaster Hyper 212+ plus HSF

My intentions are to boost my system performance without going to extreme in the OC department.

I read one of the guides here and understood some of what was explained, but I struggled to fully understand what I was doing when I entered my BIOS.

I would appreciate if anyone who knows this board help me with some basic settings I can input that will achieve a stable system. Nothing that is too extreme, or intricate where you have to start tampering with all kinds of voltages.

I understand adjusting the CPU frequency to say 400Mhz which will take the speed to 3.6Ghz.

Where I'm lost is all these memory settings that follow and the voltage settings, and all these advanced settings one can change.

I'd essentially like a 1:1 ratio or whatever, since in the guide I read it claims it's more stable.

Please help me out with just a list of settings that I can simply go input into my BIOS and get a functioning OC.

Thanks a lot.

Back