• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P6x58d-e and 12gb ddr3 OCZ gold low voltage not working

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

neuro1

Registered
Hi, I have a problem which I am completely lost in. So here is the situation, I used to have 6gb of OCZ gold ddr3 ram (model: OCZ3G1600LV6GK) and whenever I used to turn on my computer it only recognized 4gb. I replaced the ram and still got the same messages. I tried to run the memtest on each stick but nothing was wrong. I then figured it was my motherboard causing the problem so I RMA'ed it. I just got it back couple days ago and tried to turn it back on but when I put 6gb only 4gb show up and when i put all 12gb only 8 show up.

So now I call asus again and ask them what's causing this? When I spoke to asus they say it might be the memory controller on the intel i7-930 chip. So I speak to someone at intel and they tell me that the i7-930 doesn't support 1600mhz and 1.65v ram and tells me to sell all of it and replace it with 1066mhz and 1.5v ram.

So my question is, how has other people who have this combination of the ram and motherboard achieved to use the same ram as I have and see all of the memory.

If anyone could please me help, I am really confused and lost on what I should do. This was my first computer build and probably now going to be the last cause of this HEADACHE!!:mad:

Thanks

At the default 200 BCLK, and DRAM frequency at DDR3-1600, adjust the four primary timings to 8-8-8-24 (CAS-tRCD-tRP-tRAS), DRAM voltage to 1.64-1.66V, and the QPI/DRAM Core voltage to 1.35V.

Back